Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Top Scrabble tips
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostThu Oct 24, 2013 9:12 pm 
Hmmm....some interesting Scrabble tips here, though they forgot the one I use most frequently: "Trade in all of your tiles and start again from scratch."

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Frosty

Frosty
PostFri Oct 25, 2013 7:36 am 
The most fun I've had playing scrabble was with the John deere version I had bought for my son for Christmas last year. Everyone laughed at the thought that just because it had to do with machines a 21 year old would like it. We played without keeping score, and while the box had a few farm related words that you would get extra points for, being farm people and a mechanic, every time one of us would put down a word remotely related to farming, we'd say ' that would be double points if we were keeping score!' Without scorekeeping the game went faster too... smile.gif

Frosty, Lucky enough to live where it snows in the winter! smile.gif
Mtn Dog
Technohiker

Mtn Dog
Technohiker
PostMon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 pm 
I love Scrabble. It's quite a challenging game for even a mediocre vocabulary. But I highly recommend Super Scrabble over the traditional game. It's got twice as many letters, a much larger board, quadruple word scores, and a much better letter distribution. up.gif

Footprints on the sands of time will never be made sitting down.
Gray
Lazy Hiker

Gray
Lazy Hiker
PostTue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 pm 
Hmmm. No mention of what I think is the best trick, if your goal is to win more often: Memorize the appropriate 2-letter word list. I used to play fairly seriously, and memorizing the American list (as well as focusing on forcing the board into a tight cluster) had the biggest impact on my average score of anything I tried. --Gray

tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Oct 30, 2013 10:19 am 
At least the iPad app now lets you play against a computer instead of having to play a real opponent. Always funny to have it show you the best word you COULD HAVE made for usually like 77 points vs the paltry 15 pointer you came up with. lol.gif

touron

touron
PostSun Aug 24, 2014 9:14 am 
Babble your way to a Scrabble victory. biggrin.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostSun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 am 
Gray wrote:
Memorize the appropriate 2-letter word list.
I keep meaning to do this for bananagrams and scrabble. Maybe if we have a true nasty El Nino winter...

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostSun Aug 24, 2014 10:24 am 
up.gif Love Scrabble played it with my great grandmother, grand mother, and mother since I was in elementary school. Now I play it on my phone solitary against the app. I currently am beating the computer 70% of the time with an average word score of 21 points on the hardest level "extremely difficult". The computer makes it harder by giving you lower value pieces and multiple vowels. I think beyond being a creative speller you have to play strategically capitalizing on double and triple letter / word scores while also blocking the opponents or computers opportunities by playing defense. Denying big scoring moves is as important as making big scoring words. The only game I play.

Living in the Anthropocene