Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > "Hawking" Video on PBS
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostFri Aug 29, 2014 4:50 pm 
I saw this last week; I'll likely watch it again. The life of Steven Hawking. His life, how he has dealt with a terrifically debilitating disease, his humor, his loves and their contribution to his life. This is a wonderfully inspirational documentary. http://video.pbs.org/program/hawking/

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostFri Aug 29, 2014 4:54 pm 
to be followed by a movie this Fall/ Winter. The actor playing Hawking could be a twin brother, it is uncanny. I will try to catch this PBS. It has been advertised a fair amount these last few week on both stations.

gb

gb
PostSun Sep 07, 2014 11:31 am 
When I saw the documentary on PBS I had missed the first ten minutes. I just watched the entire video (1:25) again this morning. I noticed I had a smile throughout the entire video; a smile of admiration and wonder for this amazing man.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Sep 08, 2014 9:50 am 
When I was at Cambridge University (Engineering department) a few of us wandered down to attend a lecture by Stephen Hawking. I didn't understand a word of it! embarassedlaugh.gif One of the biggest thrills I've ever got in my life was before the lecture: We were waiting in the corridor that led to the lecture room, when Stephen Hawking motored past in his wheelchair. He was controlling it with a little joystick, but as he was passing me he bumped against the side wall. I straightened his wheelchair and he proceeded into the lecture room. After the lecture the Q&A was difficult. Someone would ask a question, Stephen Hawking would type down the answer into his laptop, which would then play by his text-to-speech program. The delay was extremely long - I think it was difficult for Mr. Hawking to type - for a brief answer.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani