Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Potential creation of a PCT Management Area
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Sep 05, 2014 1:22 pm 
This will include the management of the corridor of the PCT, not just the actual tread. This would likely include view shed considerations, noise, etc. I haven’t really check into this in depth yet; just found about this on Facebook today. http://www.pcta.org/2014/take-action-help-create-special-pct-management-area-24892/

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RumiDude
Marmota olympus

RumiDude
Marmota olympus
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 4:38 pm 
I am getting an Error 404 Page Not Found. Rumi

"This is my Indian summer ... I'm far more dangerous now, because I don't care at all."
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 4:42 pm 
Works fine for me tongue.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 8:21 pm 
Hm, it was working. Now I can't find anything about this on the PCTA website at all!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 8:55 pm 
Doesn't work now frown.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 9:55 pm 
Maybe they decided to backpedal and shelve the idea for now, so they took it down. Can't remember where I first saw it; I think an email on the listserv. Oh well, nothing to see here. Carry on. And no fighting! (people are rabid around here lately)

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 10:22 pm 
Yeah; jeezus, it's been brutal. Like jackals haranguing baby bunnies. At any rate, if a proposal for a special PCT management unit were to come up, I might be for it, but then again I might not. The rabid dogs can tear each other to shreds about the PCT management unit until they're nothing but a pile of quivering globules of cellulite and throbbing veins. hmmm.gif

contour5

contour5
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 pm 
It got teleported into an alternate dimension and can now be found Here

sten

sten
PostThu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 am 
Must have had a time limit on that teleportation. Gone again!

ranger rock
One of the boys

ranger rock
One of the boys
PostThu Sep 18, 2014 6:36 pm 
They passed the basket around at PCT days begging for money for this.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 11:07 am 
I see the link is broken again. I seem to recall something about it on the PCTA page too. My guess this is what is driving it. Too bad threads like this get ignored in the Stewardship section. For those who are to lazy to click links and read for them selves i will summarize. Congress does not want to pay for the trail maintenance backlog. Instead congress is address a liability issue that has discouraged some national forests from utilizing volunteers. The goal is to increase the use of volunteers by 100%. The bill also directs the Secretary of Agriculture to select between 9 and 15 areas for increased trail maintenance. So there's the potential for a PCT management area.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential