Forum Index > Photography Talk > video software suggestions
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSat Sep 13, 2014 5:13 pm 
What video software is good to use? Doesn't have to be free, ease of use is more important. Multi-media, blending still shots with video, also audio to talk over the still photos....not sure my description is using the right verbiage, so if I'm not clear, ask for clarification.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSun Sep 14, 2014 12:02 pm 
Adobe Premier seems to be pretty good (I just started using it a month ago). However, Adobe has switched to a weird subscription based business model, and personally I would rather buy software outright. There's always Windows Movie Maker (free and included with Windows), which I have found to be surprisingly capable.

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostSun Sep 14, 2014 10:43 pm 
Thanks Mac. up.gif The days of buying software are about gone. All companies are moving toward cloud-based applications. It's not just Abobe!

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostMon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 am 
+1 on windows movie maker. The price is right!

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostMon Sep 15, 2014 10:05 pm 
Ok DOODS. Look for my upcoming video story, to be shown all over the place. You can say you knew me way back when.

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 pm 
Fooled around a little with Windows Movie Maker last night. It IS easy, and I think it will do everything I want it to do, at least with my first block buster hit. up.gif The debut will be on or around October 25th.

contour5

contour5
PostWed Sep 17, 2014 10:55 pm 
Looking forward to your video. If for whatever reason Windows Movie Maker doesn't cut it, consider borrowing a mac - iMovie is about as easy as it gets. For best results, shoot and edit your video in 1080p. You can then re-encode it to 720 and put it on Vimeo for free (up to about 6 minutes of 720p video encoded at 10,000 bps will fit in a weekly free Vimeo upload) A few useful guidelines: Vimeo Compression Guidelines

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Sep 18, 2014 12:11 am 
Another vote for iMovie, my daughter edited her volleyball videos without any instruction and they looked great. Free with Macs.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostThu Sep 18, 2014 7:51 am 
iMovie and Movie Maker are relatively similar in terms of ease-of-learning and capabilities (depending a bit on which version of each you compare). I used to know multiple folks from the Movie Maker development team who wanted something a bit more feature-laden (e.g. things like more ability to deal with multiple audio tracks etc.), but who weren't up for the cost and learning curve of Premiere or Final Cut Pro. These folks swore by Sony Vegas.