Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > UW volleyball
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 06, 2013 10:16 pm 
Pac 12 got NINE teams into the playoffs! 8 of them have already won their first round match, Arizona St. is going into the 5th set against BYU right now. USC and Stanford have already won their 2nd round matches. UW destroyed a hopelessly overmatched Alabama St. tonight. They get LSU tomorrow, Huskies are hosting the match. LSU came back from 0-2 to beat Michigan 3-2. Don't know much about either of those teams, but Michigan had knocked Stanford out of the playoffs 2 years in a row, so I'm kinda glad to see them gone. The teams in LSU'S conference have been performing dismally thus far in the tournament, for whatever that is worth. Huskies SHOULD be able to win tomorrow night, then it's on to the regionals being hosted at USC. Not thrilled about a potential matchup w/ the Trojans with a Final 4 berth on the line. Hawaii is in that bracket as well. Still a lot of matches between here and there though.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 07, 2013 10:08 pm 
Dawgs beat LSU 3-1. Got thumped in the first set. I was watching live streaming, but UW was stinking up the floor so bad I had to quit watching. They did win the next 3, scores were fairly close. Huskies are gonna have to play better than that to keep advancing. Pac 12 had a horrible day. Everybody other than UW lost. Huskies, USC and Stanford are in the Sweet 16. Only teams left out of 9 to start with. Seems like everybody else left in the Tournament is from the Big 10. Please don't let Penn St. or Nebraska win the Championship!

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Dec 13, 2013 7:56 pm 
Huskies sweep Kansas, advance to Elite 8. Will face the winner of USC vs. BYU in the Regional Final. Stanford swept Minnesota but now gets the unenviable task of facing Penn St.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Dec 15, 2013 1:36 am 
Came through at the last minute up.gif up.gif up.gif smile.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSun Dec 15, 2013 1:26 pm 
up.gif Dramatic come from behind victory over USC last night, down 0-2 and won 3-2. I have to admit, I thought they were done for at the intermission. What an effort by the ladies! Now they play Penn St. in one of the national semi-finals. Penn St. is a juggernaut, but Stanford pushed them to 5 sets yesterday. Nobody is unbeatable. Hope the Dawgs can keep it rolling.

trestle

trestle
PostWed Dec 18, 2013 4:43 pm 
Go Dawgs!! Big game tomorrow night. Glad to see so many tickets were sold for the event.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
JimK

JimK
PostWed Dec 18, 2013 5:15 pm 
I hadn't realized that the Final Four is in Seattle.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Dec 18, 2013 6:11 pm 
I'd heard there were quite a few tickets still available until recently. Bet the sales had a nice bump once the Huskies won in LA and got to come back home to play in the Final 4. That's great that local fans are getting out to support the team and the sport of v-ball. Hopefully the NCAA will be impressed with Seattle hosting the event and it will come back again at some point in the future. up.gif

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 19, 2013 9:23 pm 
Ugh. Huskies are getting DESTROYED. Looks like they've fallen apart mentally. I'm okay w/ Penn St. being the better team, but so disappointing to see the Huskies play this badly. Down 0-2 at the break, match scores have been 25-14 and 25-13. That is embarrassing. In the 1st semi-final, Wisconsin took defending National Champ Texas to the woodshed.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostThu Dec 19, 2013 9:46 pm 
And it's over. Swept. Absolute beatdown. Great season for the Huskies, but horrible way to end it. I'll be rooting for the other UW on Saturday. Don't like Penn St. and don't want to see them add another championship to their trophy case.

trestle

trestle
PostFri Dec 20, 2013 10:53 am 
Penn St. played well and the left handed server was clearly upsetting to the back row. The Huskies looked like they were all waiting for something but it never arrived. Tough night. Great job and congratulations all around to players and coaches! No shame in losing in a national semi-final. The court looked fabulous. I hope there's a decent turnout for the Championship game on Saturday for the same reasons previously.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostSat Dec 21, 2013 10:26 pm 
Looked like a good turnout for the Final. Wrong team won unfortunately. That was kinda weird, my ex and her family were sitting center court right behind press row, they were in the background almost constantly during the TV broadcast.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 1:17 pm 
Another season is underway. Huskies are cruising along, 10-0 so far I think. Mostly playing cannon fodder. They did win a tough road game at BYU. They're hosting a mini Pac 12-Big 10 challenge. Huskies beat up on Maryland last night while Wisconsin thumped USC. Tonight they switch opponents, so the second match will be a huge showdown of UW vs. UW, half of last year's Final 4 participants. It's quite rare the Huskies get a non-league opponent this good to come visit. I watched them on TV for the first time this season. A bit sloppy. They have a bunch of returning veterans (including the reigning national player of the year Vansant), but are working 5 redshirt or true freshmen into the rotation.

olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Sep 19, 2014 11:23 pm 
Huskies win a 5 set barnburner! I didn't go to any matches last year, maybe none the year before either. I can't even remember. Anyway it's been too long since I've attended a match. Went tonight. Hec Ed was nearly full and it was rockin'. Great crowd, great atmosphere. That was fun!

Bogart

Bogart
PostSun Sep 21, 2014 7:54 pm 
Saw them play UNLV at HecEd, and Huskies were impressive. The first two sets of the Wis match were tight; did not get to see the last 3. Huskies are the real deal this year, and deserve mucho respect.