Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Rainier bare no snow or ice in comercial?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tom roy

tom roy
PostTue Sep 30, 2014 6:25 pm 
This is weird.
There is a Mazda commercial I see to with a brown Mt Hood talking about snowboard pioneer Tom Sims. Whats up with this ?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
fourteen410

fourteen410
PostTue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 pm 
Well, since no one was picking up their poo on the Muir snowfield, the rangers had to resort to covering the mountain in Glad bags for easy removal. dizzy.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostTue Sep 30, 2014 7:48 pm 
That is weird looking alright. strange commercial

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostTue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 pm 
It looks like she was stuffing a cardboard box into the garbage. Shouldn't that be recycled? nono.gif Maybe it was a pizza-stained box, but still...yeah, weird commercial. hmmm.gif

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostWed Oct 01, 2014 12:12 am 
Hesman wrote:
It looks like a computer generated Mt. Rainier to me.
Has to be, Mt. Rainier isn't that green! Maybe after all the glaciers melt off and the meadows move higher up the slopes.......
Hesman wrote:
The part of the commercial where she is outside putting the bag in the garbage can, Rainier looked unrecognizable to me.
It's a completely different mountain, might be a real one (Mt. Shasta?), but if so it is most likely a still photo that has been photo-shopped into a blank window, since the kitchen is most likely just a set, and not actually in a real house. In the last shot that takes place outside of the house it is pretty clear that the background is either CGI or some mashup of photographs. The foreground vegetation (lowland species, it's probably located in California or Vancouver BC) is completely different from that in the background (high elevation pines).

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Oct 01, 2014 9:40 am 
It's from the future. 100 years from now there won't be any glaciers left but you'll still be able to buy Glad trash bags.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 am 
the other fun thing so long as we're nitpicking is the entirely screwed up scale of the animation. choppers hauling sheets that large would still be totally dwarfed by any portion of the mountain. looks to me if you took the scale of choppers and trash bag sheets as the reference, the mountain is much much smaller than it should be.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
gb

gb
PostWed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 pm 
It looks mostly like a stylized Mt. Rainier, but at 13 seconds becomes a version of the south side of Mt. Adams with a much smaller Little Tahoma glued on for good measure?

tom roy

tom roy
PostThu Oct 02, 2014 4:57 am 
Here is the Mazda commercial on all the online videos Hood has snow? On tv its as brown as a turd? Same commercial one of my favorites I witnessed the snowboard revolution on Hood in the eighties, I remember going to Sun Valley, Park City and Deer Valley and they were banned in the early to mid nighties.

tom roy

tom roy
PostThu Oct 02, 2014 5:03 am 
Po and urine plus the stupid mice is why I stay away from the Lunch counter on Adams. Have not been since 1997. Use the SW slopes, Mazama glaicier and North ridge since that place smells worse than a porta potty the goats enjoy it now so I have been told.

tom roy

tom roy
PostThu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 pm 
rest in peace a legend and pioneer, http://www.grindtv.com/action-sports/skate/post/snowboard-and-skateboard-pioneer-tom-sims-passes-away/ I met him at Timberline and Meadows at Hood in the eighties it was the place to be of the sport a super good guy and smart as a tack, sad. confused.gif