Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Trip to Toronto, via Niagara Falls (Oct 11-13, 2014)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Oct 14, 2014 7:44 pm 
Over the weekend, the family drove over to Toronto to attend a wedding. I was able to wrangle a 45min break at Niagara Falls, which never gets old for me...
1- Sink hole
1- Sink hole
2- Cloud factory
2- Cloud factory
3- American Falls
3- American Falls
4- Wall to wall
4- Wall to wall
5- Ants
5- Ants
6- Milling around
6- Milling around
After the falls, it was straight to Toronto. This was our first visit to the city, which put on a glittering show under picture perfect skies. At the newly opened Aga Khan Museum:
8- Bird
8- Bird
9- Figure
9- Figure
10- Miniature masterpiece
10- Miniature masterpiece
12- Incense burner
12- Incense burner
CN Tower, the world's 3rd tallest tower:
16- Skyline
16- Skyline
17- Rogers Center and CN Tower
17- Rogers Center and CN Tower
18- City lights
18- City lights

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Oct 14, 2014 8:28 pm 
I thought the city lights shot was pretty interesting when you posted it last night. That Persian miniature is absolutely fabulous. The treatment on the flames and background shows the work of a master. Love the ibex in there too.... and the shapely dancing girl on the vase. wub.gif Thank you.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed Oct 15, 2014 4:21 am 
Some people had suggested the Aga Khan Museum to us, which had just opened 2-3 weeks ago. It was pretty spectacular, the art and the building (which was designed by Fumihiko Maki, winner of the Pritzker Architecture Prize). The "City lights" photo employed a technique which I use a lot in closeups/portraits, but only as a backdrop, never as the main subject. Basically, you set the camera aperture to as wide as it will go, zoom in, and throw the focus on the light source off as much as you can (don't use autofocus).

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani