Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > School shooting in Marysville?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Oct 29, 2014 12:25 pm 
Stefan-K wrote:
While I agree with you that discipline is essential and often lacking by non-caring or over-indulgent parents, I completely disagree that spanking has anything to do with productive discipline regardless of whether it's public or private. Unless you want to send the message that it's OK to hit someone when you disagree, spanking doesn't seem to add up to much.
Imho it does, it sends a strong message, puts them in their place and removes any doubt about who is in charge. "Spare the Rod and spoil the Child". http://www.gotquestions.org/spare-rod-spoil-child.html Of course we all differ in our beliefs and what we think is correct discipline, for me I strongly believe that there is a time and a place for spanking a child, they may learn (hopefully) the first time....you can choose to do this kissass.gif or this smackbum.gif ....or like my step Dad, you can take your child for a drive, have a talk and do this cheers.gif ....see how I turned out? Yea, I should have been spanked.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostWed Oct 29, 2014 2:05 pm 
Thanks for the info on those other cases. Too bad...

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Oct 29, 2014 3:51 pm 
I was raised in a house full of ---- since my entire family hunted. My Dad bought me my first long---- when I was 12. I had hand---- and high powered r------ within my reach at any time. I don't agree with that, when my children were in the house I had absolutely no ---- in the house. No ----=no chance of an accident....if I had decided I needed/wanted one I would definitely keep it in a safe with the ammo also separate. Parents/people should definitely be held accountable if they fail to secure their ----.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.