Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Nov 24, 2014 12:25 pm 
Offense: Mediocre. Still. first half: 0-3 in the redzone...and those third downs...oi!...and the sacks... They were lucky that Arizona had a dropped ball in the endzone!!!! Defense: Good to see Bobby Wagner back. 34 yards for Lynch and 70+ yards for Wilson? Can the guy throw? Or does he want to throw and he is too afraid because he can't see? He runs because he does not trust himself? I like the Kansas City game better. Arizona did not offer much.

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostMon Nov 24, 2014 3:40 pm 
Huhh.... Russell takes 7 sacks and always gets up and plays on (think 1/2 the other quarterbacks in this league who have missed substantial injury time this year and last), generally doen`t give up fumbles or interceptions (yesterday none despite tons of pressure), makes multiple running plays for excellent gains (several in crucial plays yesterday), is accurate in his passing (with an excellent completion ratio yesterday), has won a super bowl in his 2nd year in the league, has a great attitude and is mediocre?? I guess in comparison to Brady, Rodgers or Manning maybe...I think everyone has a bad run and hopefully his is done. And the defense was awesome. They really didn`t give up anything yesterday. They looked like last years squad IMHO.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Nov 24, 2014 4:03 pm 
Run defense looked great. Not sure the pass defense was tested with a second string QB throwing the ball, Fitzgerald out, and receivers dropping balls that weren't overthrown or underthrown. I guess we'll see how they fare against SF. Should be a good game.

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostMon Nov 24, 2014 4:09 pm 
Lynch was having back problems again yesterday but got warmed up and played stronger in the second half, just like the rest of the offense. I was cringing during the first half, couldn't believe how bad Wilson was getting beat up and how we just couldn't get into the endzone on any drive despite starting with excellent field position yet we managed to get up 9-3 by halftime and it would've been 12-3 but for the crazy blocked kick (how often does that happen?) Whatever adjustments they made at halftime worked - Wilson had much better protection and he definitely looked like his old self in the passing game. No, we didn't come out and clobber them in the second half but we definitely played better, much more like last year's team and we ended up winning 19-3 against a 9-1 team. I'll take it and not complain. Now the question is - which Seahawks team will show up in 'frisco on Thursday? And, for that matter, which 49ers team?

tigermn

tigermn
PostMon Nov 24, 2014 6:38 pm 
Bedivere wrote:
Lynch was having back problems again yesterday but got warmed up and played stronger in the second half, just like the rest of the offense.
Actually he had an upset stomach which is why he was just sitting rather than being worked on. I guess the skittles eventually kicked in.
Bedivere wrote:
Whatever adjustments they made at halftime worked - Wilson had much better protection and he definitely looked like his old self in the passing game.
More max protects. Wilson despite being sacked 7 times had one of his best games. 77% passing, 70+ yards rushing and no turnovers. I'll take that any day. They won't play another defense as good as Arizona until they play Arizona again. Santa Clara isn't bad, but not as good as Arizona. I think the hawks can run better against them. It's the NFL. As Al Davis used to say just win baby. Don' t matter how or how pretty.

Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Nov 26, 2014 11:14 am 
Wilson...one opinion on QBR..mediocre: http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr IMHO: a good defensive game. going to be a lot of field goals made. SanFran 23 Seattle 19

Art is an adventure.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Nov 26, 2014 4:38 pm 
well at least wilson is two slots ahead of the chump krapernick..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostWed Nov 26, 2014 8:53 pm 
Dang, haters gonna hate. Wilson has been in a slump lately so that would def. drag his stats down. I'm not saying he's elite, but he's better than "mediocre." Or, at least he used to be. Let's hope last week was an indication of his return to form.

dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostWed Nov 26, 2014 11:31 pm 
Stefan!!!! Cannot believe you picked against Football Turkey ( filling in for Football Baby this week) Shame on you! http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000434775/Football-Turkey

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostThu Nov 27, 2014 8:06 pm 
Looks like the 'Hawks are back on track...too bad the 9ers don't have a real QB or this might be a really good game...Kraperdinks throwing touch is like Shaq trying to shoot free throws..

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Fletcher

Fletcher
PostThu Nov 27, 2014 9:43 pm 
We are indeed back on track! With the way the Eagles played today, next week is going to be tough, but man was today big! With two more division games at home, I'm stoked for the rest of the season.

tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Nov 27, 2014 10:28 pm 
Now that's what I'm talking about! Bring it on!

half fast

half fast
PostThu Nov 27, 2014 11:52 pm 
Another great game to watch up.gif And now... the BEST game they have played all season!! They still have some work to do (I am sure the critics will take care of that) but... what fun to watch them play and BEAT SF on their own turff biggrin.gif

It's all about the fun, oh and maybe the chocolate - half fast
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Nov 27, 2014 11:54 pm 
Defense is starting to look really good. Offense continues to struggle in the red zone. Philadelphia looked really good today but only their 2nd win against teams with a winning record. I like our chances if Lynch is healthy and Wilson can continue to make big plays.
Stefan wrote:
SanFran 23 Seattle 19
If Sherman was playing WR for SanFran. hockeygrin.gif

gb

gb
PostFri Nov 28, 2014 10:26 am 
I believe early in the season they were missing some parts and thought they were great. Now that the chips are down they are giving it their best effort.