Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > keep Olympic peninsula free from electromagnetic warfare.
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
happy heathen
Goonies never die

happy heathen
Goonies never die
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 5:05 pm 
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/ban-all-plans-use-washington-states-olympic-peninsula-electromagnetic-warfare-range/90jBh3v2 Not that I think it make any difference but its worth a try.

"The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostFri Dec 12, 2014 5:57 pm 
There have already been several threads about this around here. Did you search? Also, that link contains one statement that is a blatant falsehood and another that while technically true implies a false condition. If we are to meaningfully debate the merits of a course of action, much less petition the government about it then it's imperative to get the facts straight. I really dislike the tactic of using falsehoods and misleading information to attempt to coerce people into a course of action.

happy heathen
Goonies never die

happy heathen
Goonies never die
PostSat Dec 13, 2014 6:59 am 
No sorry I did not search. I should have figured Y'all knew about it.
Bedivere wrote:
I really dislike the tactic of using falsehoods and misleading information to attempt to coerce people into a course of action.
So I take it you are not a fan of Gov'Mint? As thats the only way they tell us things. Full of half truths and out right lies, all administrations do this not just Obama or Bush. I don't want any type of warfare training going on out on the peninsula. Don't care if just boots on the ground or what is claimed in this link.

"The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 13, 2014 10:50 am 
the comment period on this EW EA ended weeks ago. the language in the petition contains more than one falsehood. sorry you have been so badly misinformed. there are several other discussion threads here about this project which do contain factual information. the "search" function at the top is your friend.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
NacMacFeegle

NacMacFeegle
PostSat Dec 13, 2014 10:50 am 
Thanks for the link to the petition, I've signed it and will share it on twitter! up.gif

Read my hiking related stories and more at http://illuminationsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/