Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Top Craft Breweries (Resupply, YES!)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
PorcupinePhobia
Murse

PorcupinePhobia
Murse
PostTue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 pm 
LaConner and Skagit are on my "Tour de Skagit" bike route, but I haven't seen North Sound Brewing mentioned. A cut above, in my opinion. Try their "Functionally Obsolete Pale Ale" or "FO-PA", apparently named in honor of our out"standing" bridge lol.gif The conversation to be had at North Sound is usually interesting as well hockeygrin.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostWed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 pm 
Sore Feet wrote:
jbsimm2 wrote:
Anybody notice that IPA's ... are on they way out ...?
... but it seems like there are fewer true dark (like Double Stouts) craft beers popping up. .
Our new Wenatchee brewery, Badger Mountain, is up and running with the big equipment. They have a NWPA out, with an IPA ready for the bright tank and a Summer Stout close behind.

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Sep 22, 2013 5:42 pm 
Safeway has been selling Fremont Interurban IPA for $3.99 a bottle, regular price of $5.29. Plus, at 22 oz., if anyone asks if you had a beer, you can say you just had one. hmmm.gif Another up.gif for Dogfish Head varieties. While on the East Coast this past summer, it was frequently available. drink.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Sep 23, 2013 3:14 pm 
Got some Shed IPA at Burlington Costco originally from Stowe but now Middleberry Vermont Tasty but websites are not that fond of it, lots cheaper than Canadian Micros.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSat Dec 20, 2014 8:51 pm 
Stopped by Albertsons in Wenatchee (Soon to be a Haggen... ah memories of B'ham peace.gif ) and snagged a 4-pack of No-Li Jet Star Imperial IPA. I had never heard of No-Li, out of Spokane. They had a few other varieties from the brewery. I did not mix and match. Maybe I should have, since this one is Thumbs-Up. up.gif Is it OK or not OK to mix and match beers, same brewery, same price? uhh.gif Probably screws up inventory and the next buyer if you put a different beer in their carton....

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Chico

Chico
PostSat Dec 20, 2014 10:55 pm 
Get Out and Go wrote:
Is it OK or not OK to mix and match beers, same brewery, same price? uhh.gif Probably screws up inventory and the next buyer if you put a different beer in their carton....
You'll tick the distributor off, that's about it.

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostMon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 pm 
Worked the Alpine Brewing Company Booth again at Leavenworth Ale-Fest this weekend. Happy that the Märzen won for best lager. drink.gif ALE-FEST Winners, 2016 Best Pale Ale….........5th Anniversary by Icicle Brewing Company Best Amber Ale…......Avalanche Amber by Sound to Summit Brewing Best Dark Ale.........…Black Sail CDA by Sound to Summit Brewing Best Wheat Beer…....Daily Weiss by Hop Nation Brewing Company Best IPA..............…Balz Deep Double IPA by 7 Seas Brewing Best Lager...........…Alpine Munich Märzen by Alpine Brewing Company Best Specialty Brew…..Peche by Lindeman’s Farm Brewery Best Faraway IPA…....Hop Stoopid by Laguinitas Brewing Company Best Cider............…Manchester Road 42 by Manchester Road Cider Company Best of Show….........Balz Deep Double IPA by 7 Seas Brewing Company Best Decorated Booth…Neigel Vintners http://leavenworthalefest.com/voting_results.htm I had a chance to sample a few varieties tongue.gif and enjoyed the Hop Stoopid, Sound to Summit CDA dark ale, Fremont Interurban, and 10 Barrels Joe.

joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostThu Apr 28, 2016 9:27 am 
Get Out and Go wrote:
Is it OK or not OK to mix and match beers, same brewery, same price? uhh.gif Probably screws up inventory and the next buyer if you put a different beer in their carton....
It sucks to get home and find out you have a mixed carton with beer types you didn't want. So if you do this, how about putting the ones you remove out loose on the shelf instead of hiding them in the other carton? No Li is good stuff. I'm enjoying Bear Republic Racer 5 this week...

CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostThu Apr 28, 2016 10:41 am 
A lot of craft breweries are being bought up by the big beer companies, e.g., Elysian by Anheuser-Busch, and this is not noted on the packaging.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
contour5

contour5
PostThu Apr 28, 2016 10:46 am 
+1 for the Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. I also like their Maximus and I especially like the seasonal Brown Sugga'. Also their Little Sumpin'. Their regular IPA is pretty close to perfect as well. Man, I loves me some Lagunitas...

CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostThu Apr 28, 2016 12:01 pm 
contour5 wrote:
+1 for the Lagunitas Hop Stoopid. I also like their Maximus and I especially like the seasonal Brown Sugga'. Also their Little Sumpin'. Their regular IPA is pretty close to perfect as well. Man, I loves me some Lagunitas...
Case in point: "On September 8th, 2015, Lagunitas announced that Heineken International would acquire a 50% stake in the company to help it expand its operations globally.[11] As a result of the deal Lagunitas will no longer be considered a craft brewery under the Brewers Association definition of 'craft' as Heineken's stake is greater than 25%."

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
contour5

contour5
PostThu Apr 28, 2016 2:09 pm 
Yeah, it's sad to see the small breweries selling out to the mega companies. So far, a lot of the beer is still the same, and still good. Probably won't be too long before they start changing recipes with cheaper ingredients and mixing in bad chemicals and raising prices. Weirdest thing is some people seem to like watery, mass produced lagers that taste like aluminum can. I don't understand how companies like Miller and Budweiser are still in business, but they still move a lot of product. Anybody have a good list of small brewers that have sold out or sold shares to the mega companies? Or fake craft beers inserted into the market by AB and InBev? Tempted to make some mentions about the inherent eevilz of capitalism...

RainyDayHiker

RainyDayHiker
PostThu Apr 28, 2016 3:03 pm 
It's definitely disappointing to see these craft breweries getting bought out by big guys like AB. The Elysian sell-out was especially hurtful. But when these breweries are getting big pay-outs (Ballast Point sold for a billion dollars, like with a b), and gaining the resources to expand their distribution and market share in a very rapid way, it's hard to not see the sense in their decision, even if I do still hold it against them. It also sounds like the big companies buying up craft breweries do a good job of letting their new acquisitions remain somewhat independent, preferring (for the moment) to let them do what they do best, while also providing the extra support they need to improve. Some companies that have sold out, that I know of, include: Elysian (Seattle, WA) 10 Barrel (Oregon) Goose Island (Chicago, Il) Ballast Point (San Diego, CA) More I can't remember "Fake" Craft beers include Blue Moon.

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostSun May 01, 2016 6:04 pm 
I've never liked IPA. Does that make me weird? I've always been a dark beer person. I love stouts and porters and dark ales, but can't seem to find some of the bottled beers I prefer. Mackesons Triple Stout was long my favorite but it seems to be unavailable here now. Also can't find other good British beers like Watneys Cream Stout or Whitbread ales. Anyone seen them around? Where? cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostMon May 02, 2016 8:39 am 
If you believe this the latest craft beer in Germany is heliumized (?) beer.
I'm skeptical because I would think since the helium would be in your stomach, not your lungs, so unless you burp talked like people with laryngectomy stomas you wouldn't get the donald duck thing. But I don't see any obvious evidence of editing. I any case it proves that at least a few Germans actually have (sort of) a sense of humor.