Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > You deserve a break today
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostTue Dec 23, 2014 9:49 pm 
Remember when life was simple? 1950's era McDonald's menu. burger.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostWed Dec 24, 2014 6:57 am 
touron, you grew up in the hood and should remember Joes, down on Rainier and Henderson that was the place for me and this was pretty much their menu in the early 60's I think the huge problem is that for some it is a day to day practice to go to such places and thus demand more variety rather than the once in a while treat.

touron

touron
PostWed Dec 24, 2014 10:43 pm 
meandering, I don't remember Joes. Was it on the northwest or southwest corner? I remember when the library use to be over on 57th. Speaking of former Seattle establishements, the PI article lists a few.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostThu Dec 25, 2014 11:39 pm 
it was on the NE corner. I am pretty sure it was the first place I ever had a burger and fries at. My brother was talking tonight that they use to get a plate of fries at the Umbrella Grill for 15 cents. and there is another thing, when my back was turned, they got rid of the cents sign on the keyboard. i was a regular at the 57th ave library. Before that we would take the bus to Columbia City. I read a review in the paper last week about Nate Robinsons chicken and waffle house. I think is in the spot that the drug store that was next to the library occupied. Had plenty of 10 cent cones there