Forum Index > Trail Talk > PCT - If you did it, live near Bham - I'd like to talk!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
DWB27

DWB27
PostTue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 am 
I'm seriously considering doing the PCT next year (after all the Wild hype dies down!) and would like to talk to a few people that have done it recently. I'd prefer someone who did it northbound, solo and isn't a baby - late 30's to 40's. I'll buy the drinks. You bring the photos and advice. There is a lot of info out there but wading through the bs and salesmanship would help. Let me know if you're interested. Reply or PM. Thanks!

“Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Token Civilian

Token Civilian
PostTue Jan 27, 2015 11:54 am 
Not in Bham, but the cosmopolitan metro of Lynnwood. lol.gif Yeah, I hiked in 2006, mid 30's. Mex to Canada 4/25 to 10/2, a high snow year. What do you want to know? Feel free to PM if you want off line. Note: No matter who you talk to, understand that there is no "one" right way to thru hike the PCT, or any other trail. I have what works for me, which I developed on my own, or copied from others who preceded me - I cherry picked this from one person, and that from another, and took 3rd person's way of doing things and modified to suit my own style and needs. I'm aware of what many others did and why. Heck, when I thru hike again, I'll do things a bit different from what I did in '06, lessons learned and all.

DWB27

DWB27
PostFri Feb 06, 2015 3:09 pm 
Thanks Token Civilian for this and your PM. The recent TT post about permits for the PCT is interesting. Hopefully this will reduce the garbage and fecal dumps. I also agree that the water caches make it too easy... I'm still game to meet a Hamster PCT finisher to hear about your experience.

“Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others." - H. Jackson Brown
Hitman

Hitman
PostSat Feb 14, 2015 12:38 am 
I am currently planning a PCT thru-hike in 2016, so you can bounce ideas back and forth with me if you like. I would be happy to share any information I have already researched.