Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > STP
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostThu Jan 29, 2015 8:45 pm 
The reservations are going on right now for the STP bike ride over July 11-12, 2015. I bought my bib number last week. Is anyone else planning on going? Also I need someone to share drafting with. Otherwise I will go to plan B and ride behind the tandems that I come across.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
RichP

RichP
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 5:55 am 
I'm tentatively doing it in a day but won't know until after Feb 10 when non-Cascade member registration is open. Thinking more about doing RAGBRAI this year though.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 8:22 am 
I took out the membership and absorbed the additional cost because I was concerned about the event selling out. But the Cascade Bike Club devotes much of their time/money toward promotion of laws and support of bike issues that benefit all cyclists. Knowledge of that softened the splash of the membership fees.

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 pm 
Be thoughtful and LET THE PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR DRIVEWAYS!! I usually attend a picker's fest in Winlock and that is a major complaint. In fact, some folks come and camp at the festival who live nearby because they have trouble getting in and out of their driveway due to the STP.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
markod72

markod72
PostFri Jan 30, 2015 12:55 pm 
RAGBRAI is so fun...used to go through my hometown every few years. Rode a few stints of it, never the whole thing tho. Talk about a party.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostThu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 am 
Is anyone else going to grind out the miles on Saturday? The weather looks perfect for the outing.

RichP

RichP
PostThu Jul 09, 2015 10:41 am 
Mike Collins wrote:
Is anyone else going to grind out the miles on Saturday? The weather looks perfect for the outing.
I decided to just do the RSVP this year. IMO it's a better ride than the STP and ends in awesome Vancouver BC.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jul 09, 2015 6:07 pm 
I tried to find any evidence of the people of Winlock complaining they can't get out of their driveways. Couldn't find it. But I did find them complaining that their own citizens are too stupid and lazy to use a sidewalk when crossing a bridge. http://www.cityofwinlock.com/uploads/3/5/8/2/3582478/city_council_minutes_march_23_2015.pdf Scroll down a little way.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostThu Jul 09, 2015 6:57 pm 
They must have had a big pot of coffee at their meeting to stay awake for the 1 hour 26 minute session. I will have my bell finger at the ready to chime my presence when crossing the bridge. Thanks for the heads-up.

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostFri Jul 10, 2015 6:51 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
Be thoughtful and LET THE PEOPLE OUT OF THEIR DRIVEWAYS!! I usually attend a picker's fest in Winlock and that is a major complaint. In fact, some folks come and camp at the festival who live nearby because they have trouble getting in and out of their driveway due to the STP.
When the STP goes through Packwood, you can let us know how your community feels about it. Until then, don't speak for other communities based on a few grumblings that you may/may not have heard. To those participating in the STP, have a great time and stay safe!

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostSun Jul 12, 2015 12:23 pm 
I pulled into the chute at ~8:30 PM and got my 1-day patch. The overcast skies helped the riders a lot with the temperature being about 20 degrees cooler than last year's roasting.

RichP

RichP
PostSun Jul 12, 2015 12:27 pm 
Mike Collins wrote:
I pulled into the chute at ~8:30 PM and got my 1-day patch. The overcast skies helped the riders a lot with the temperature being about 20 degrees cooler than last year's roasting.
up.gif

meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostSun Jul 12, 2015 1:12 pm 
congrats up.gif there must have been many riders stressing about the weather over the last few weeks and wondering if they were going to suffer on this weekend. perfect weather for all involved.

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!

markh752
Snoozing on a rock!
PostSun Jul 12, 2015 6:03 pm 
Mike Collins wrote:
Congratulations Mike. One more of my friends completed the STP again. I lost count of how many of my friends have finished the STP. But all of them have done it multiple years. I lost count how many.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Jul 12, 2015 7:52 pm 
congratulations, Mike! up.gif one day .... party.gif rockband.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss