Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Medical cannabis
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostThu Feb 26, 2015 9:52 am 
Just received my first (of many) jars in the mail yesterday. It smells very nice and seems to ease the pain. I'll post a review after giving it to my mother who is in much worse pain than me. No green card needed. http://kushcreams.com/product/organic_permafrost/

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostThu Feb 26, 2015 10:07 am 
You guys realize that the increasing awareness of the benefits of these compounds and the dynamism of the market in addressing ills using them is going to result in 'regulation' to benefit major players at the expense of customers and current suppliers once the denials of effectiveness are finally blown out of the water. Watch for it and oppose it.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker

boot up
Old Not Bold Hiker
PostThu Feb 26, 2015 10:53 am 
Based on discussions during a recent visit to Oregon, they are doing a much better job of legalizing pot, from the standpoint of medical uses. They are actually working with and listening to medical users and a well established medical grower community. As they put it "trying not to make the mistakes that Washington made" in regard to legalization. Jury is still out on how well it works as a balm on wrists that are in extreme pain from arthritis or carpal tunnel. It seems to work best when combined with other ingredients, resulting in a synergistic effect. No miracle observed yet. frown.gif YMMV

friluftsliv
pnw.hiker

pnw.hiker
PostThu Feb 26, 2015 6:11 pm 
kbatku wrote:
... I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with marijuana based topicals for joint pain, or if it's just me and my tired old body and it's all in my head? smile.gif ...
I tried some medical stuff a while back (low thc, high cbd), not a cream though, just regular leaf. It didn't help my particular pain but was an incredible vasodilator. I had a mainstream pharmaceutical vasodilator a while back and this pot was much more powerful in that regard. Funny thing is, the pot I remember from decades past was a vasoconstrictor. Cannabis has dozens of active compounds besides thc, and the plants can be bread for different effects, but there's been woefully little research of this natural goldmine because of the laws. <edit> Forgot to add, there are many people with chronic pain that significantly affects their lives. I'm one of them, and yet over the years have turned down narcotics. They are very dangerous for people with chronic conditions who would take them for extended periods. And yet a lot of people need long-term pain medication. I'm willing to bet that many people taking narcotics would be happy to give cannabis a try, which is far less dangerous than narcotics. It's essentially impossible to die from a pot overdose. There are products on the shelf that are extremely powerful and safe, but that don't get you high.

pnw.hiker

pnw.hiker
PostThu Feb 26, 2015 7:52 pm 
happy heathen wrote:
... My quality of life was rapidly falling. I couldn't sleep more then a few hours at a time. I was getting less and less exercise. Cold and rain make my joints hurt (still worth living in Washington). I stopped any snowboarding, snowshoeing or basically anythig except hugging a heater in the winter. My summers were getting less active as I was getting out of shape bad. My doc finally got me to try some pain pills by saying something like "Erik are you sleeping at all? I hate be be so frank but you look like sh##. You should consider taking some of this so you can sleep." I was desperate at that point, he was right I had not been sleeping so I took him up on it. ...
I'm with you, brother. Unless you've experience it yourself, it's impossible to understand what not sleeping more than a few hours at a stretch, for months at a time, does to you. It's actually used as a training technique for US Navy Seals to make them better killers. I'm not making this up.

happy heathen
Goonies never die

happy heathen
Goonies never die
PostSat Feb 28, 2015 10:36 pm 
They are trying to do away with the medical system we have in place and force us into the LCB ran system. The prices there are outrageous. They want to take away home grow. This bill is all about greed. It's going to voted on this next Thursday March 5 at 8 am. If anyone of you want to keep the system we have now I sugest you call your representives at 1-800-562-6000 Or better yet search and call their office. http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bills/Senate%20Bills/5052.pdf http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=5052&year=2015

"The mountains are calling and I must go" John Muir