Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Tent city move to Exit 20 (High Point trailhead area)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tigermn

tigermn
PostSun Mar 15, 2015 1:19 pm 
Hmmm... I was there Friday. I guess it happened yesterday. There was no evidence of anything Friday afternoon. Another reason not to park down below anymore...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Randito
Snarky Member

Randito
Snarky Member
PostSun Mar 15, 2015 2:43 pm 
tigermn wrote:
Hmmm... I was there Friday. I guess it happened yesterday. There was no evidence of anything Friday afternoon. Another reason not to park down below anymore...
Well based on my experience with hosting Tent City 4 at our congregration, the chances of getting car prowled at High Point is less with them there that with them not. That said is seems like a sub-optimal location for TC4 -- they will have to truck in drinking water, what are they going to do for showers and how are they going to manage all the human waste? Hopefully this will result is a permit for a more suitable location being granted to TC4.

tigermn

tigermn
PostSun Mar 15, 2015 4:50 pm 
Yea probably right. I've seen in the past van's and cars that look like people are living in them.... I guess they gotta go somewhere. That doesnt seem like a very good location though. I wonder what made them choose it? Apparently there is a resident or residents in the area up that dead end road. Guy said he was gonna put up a bunch of cameras in the trees. I know personally if I lived there I would not be happy.

cascadeclimber

cascadeclimber
PostSun Mar 15, 2015 5:21 pm 
No water, no plumbing, no public transit, limited parking, high car prowl area, etc. This really does not seem like an acceptable place to house these folks. They were on some church property in Issaquah near downtown for a long time and that worked okay as far as I now, but cramming them up at High Point just doesn't seem to make sense. Edit: Okay, so after reading the article, they are there without a permit to be there. They were asked to stay where they were until a new place was found but decided not to do that. The place they wanted to go wasn't safe, so they couldn't get a permit. So they packed up and put themselves at High Point.

If not now, when?
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Mar 15, 2015 5:40 pm 
There are several transients I have seen in the area and quite a few more down by Issaquah Creek below the old railroad line now Issaquah Preston trail. Doubt they want more company.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Toni

Toni
PostMon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 am 
cascadeclimber wrote:
no public transit,
There is a Metro Bus #208 that stops at that exit, goes to Snoqualmie Ridge/Snoqualmie/NB and back to Issaquah....convenient for them I suppose.

There is no Planet B
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostMon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm 
I have taken that bus from downtown to that trailhead!

tigermn

tigermn
PostMon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 pm 
Magellan wrote:
I have taken that bus from downtown to that trailhead!
Guess you can skip the Discover Pass that way... lol.gif

Toni

Toni
PostMon Mar 16, 2015 2:06 pm 
It appears they are dismantling and moving on to ? I just got back from T3 and there was a patrol person standing by.... I do hope they find a place more suitable and permanent for their situation.

There is no Planet B
JimL

JimL
PostMon Jul 13, 2015 3:59 pm 
On July 11/12th, Tent City 4 moved from the High Point Trailhead to a new location on Hwy 18 near I90. They did a great job of cleaning up when they left the High Point site. The area around the white gate and the road have not been this clean in years. It's nice to see that the Tent City 4 people took good care of the area during the 3-months they occupied it.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 pm 
Went by on the way to Cableline this morning. It seems to have become a semipermanent settlement now. In addition the is a line of Walter White RV's parked down the road now with piles of trash next to several of them. If you want to see the fancy new bridge over highline creek (built with some expense) you have to walk through this. So it goes.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 7:26 pm 
Under our WONDERFUL city leadership Seattle is turning into a GARBAGE DUMP! down.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
whitebark

whitebark
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 7:47 pm 
Well just a reminder, this is actually in Issaquah not Seattle. The Tent City people used to have a policy of moving every three months, but it looks like they aren't bothering to do so anymore. As in Seattle, the official tent cities tend to develop unofficial suburbs when they are there awhile. Now the derelict RV people have discovered that exit 20 is a pretty dandy place to park. There is a metro bus line that can provide transportation. And I wonder if they are using some of the services provided by the tent city. I hope government officials are paying attention to the situation. These things can get out of hand.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 pm 
Take I-90 into the city. Or for that matter I-5. There is garbage everywhere! Its GROSS frankly. Good reason to stay away from Seattle. If they cant or arent willing to take care of their home they dont need my money!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
33teeth

33teeth
PostTue Jun 27, 2017 7:19 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Take I-90 into the city. Or for that matter I-5. There is garbage everywhere! Its GROSS frankly. Good reason to stay away from Seattle. If they cant or arent willing to take care of their home they dont need my money!
That is not really on topic for this thread, is it? You're not talking about the organized tent city off of the highpoint exit.

Is that a kind of beer?