Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Our kids
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Jan 27, 2014 8:30 pm 
OMG...what a sweetheart! Go Sahale! Go Seahawks!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Jan 27, 2014 8:51 pm 
this was first posted in 2007 (page 15) here are pictures of my daughters.......
at matsumoto's shave ice store, oahu
at matsumoto's shave ice store, oahu
we really can hike in these shoes!
we really can hike in these shoes!
nicole
nicole
hayley
hayley
nicole, 28 on dec 10, is a court reporter. she would love to hike more but fearful of falling and hurting her 'livelihood'. but, she's a former gymnast and still jumps the trampoline. now that's more dangerous than hiking! hayley, 26, loves to hike and is following in my footsteps as a marathoner, completing honolulu and portland. a maybe on los angeles in march '08 and i know she'll smoke me in anchorage june '08. oh well, she's young! amazing but they love each other, considering all the bickering they did during the dreaded teen years. they are each other's best friend. my girls live together in california. makes visiting them easier. yahoo! nicole and hayley have jobs - i get real gifts (like hiking, running, biking, etc. gear) for christmas, birthday, mother's day. okay i still get gifts like this treasure biggrin.gif
so for you young parents, it does get better! i love all the posts for this thread! children are just so ............ wink.gif 2014 update nicole is now 34 years old and moved to portland. she's still a court reporter and also uses her CR skills to work with hearing impaired students at Portland State. she ran her first half marathon and has been hiking more now that she's back in the northwest! proud to say that she's now a fan of the Seattle Seahawks! hayley, 32 years, moved back to port angeles and owns her own boutique shop, Moss. stop by and buy embarassedlaugh.gif i think she's done a total of 7 marathons. our last one was at the rock and roll marathon in seattle, 2009. she's the poster artist for 2012 & 2013 Juan de Fuca Festival of the Arts here in port angeles!
i love that both daughters are in the pacific northwest! we get to hike more!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
touron

touron
PostWed Mar 18, 2015 8:20 pm 
Here is kind of a funny St. Patrick's Day story from last year. We had weekend St. Patrick's Day dinner, after which I was playing my nephews a game of Monopoly. Half way through the game the younger one gets this worried expression on his face and says, "I'm so going bankrupt." shakehead.gif His older brother looks at him and says, "I can't believe you." the following exchange then occurs younger, "What...?!" older, "I mean, you should be worrying about things in the real world" younger, "What?!" older, "It's Sunday night and you don't have your homework assignment done." younger, "Oh!" [me thinking, "Oh, this is not good"] older, "You're suppose to have your leprechaun trap project done for tomorrow." [me thinking, "Har, this is actually a little funny now. A leprechaun trap!"] younger, "I'll never get it finished" older, "Well, we have a shoebox you can use at home, and you can pull some grass from the yard..." younger, "And I can use my taekwondo medal as bait!" Suddenly the problem was solved, and I breathed a sigh of relief! lol.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Jake Neiffer

Jake Neiffer
PostThu Mar 19, 2015 7:19 am 
Here's a pic of my boys, Luke (baby) & Josh
Josh & Luke
Josh & Luke

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 pm 
My 20 year old is taking time off from school and has a dream job, operating a groomer full-time at Stevens Pass all night long, come starlight, moonlight, storms, sunrise, and first tracks in the morning. He is the one in this Instagram post. Stevens Pass Grooming. In addition, on the weekend he's working for one of the outfits in town as a paid snowshoe guide. Guess he doesn't like cubicles or fluorescent lighting. rolleyes.gif

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Nov 03, 2019 6:42 pm 
My son is currently in Vietnam for shoulder season between raft guiding and ski instructor/grooming season doing a bit of motorcycle riding and I am a supportive/worried/envious/vicarious parent. lol.gif
Ha Giang Loop
Ha Giang Loop
Ha Giang Loop
Ha Giang Loop

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)