Forum Index > Partners > Hiking partners Idaho and Montana
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jakehiker

Jakehiker
PostThu Feb 19, 2015 9:09 pm 
Looking for hiking partners for this summer. Overnight trips into Montana and Idaho wilderness. Beartooths in Montana, Seven Devils in Idaho, ect. most trips are 4 to 6 days long. Prefer retired but not written in stone. I old but not too old. Last tear I hiked backpacked 500 miles, so I can keep up with you!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 pm 
hmmmm...I remember the good old days when lead-doggie would announce a trip to montana bitterroot mtns...or to wind river range....or idaho...my first responce was ALLWAYS ..."I'M ALL IN!!!!"... some mindblowing sh##..and takin it up a notch from hiking in washington!..(what with the grizz and all)...oh and the huge female (cow) moose that was curious and approached within 10-12ft. of me...great body language on both our parts! glad she left her baby in the ravine.. whats your general background?...are u old and slow like some people on leaddogs trips?? lol.gif I am supposed to get a real job this year....sigh....

Jakehiker

Jakehiker
PostSat Feb 21, 2015 9:00 am 
I'm 66 yo! Hike backpack 5 hundred miles last year. Did 42 miles in the Beartooths mts 2014. Can hike 1 mile per hour without a pack. Is that fast enough? I'm retired, married, have kids in Alaska. I'm from Alaska. I have 3 others guys who will go on trips with me. But they are only good for one or two trips per summer. Looking for another one or two. Like to keep it to a max of 4 guys! I like to fish, sight seeing and keeping in shape. You?

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Feb 21, 2015 9:57 pm 
slow...old school rules for hiking...don't drink,smoke...sorry did u say 500 freaking miles last year??...your gonna kik ma buttt... my dad's from montana and uncle rex has a little place on flathead lake as well as my grandfathers plot...family's been there since late 1920's... flyfish..used to c&r but eat em now...no large fires..used to sil-tarp camp and do a lot of solo x-c stuff...now I hav a tarptent---tent--...still need to get a personalocater beacon... did 7 days in the wind rivers coupla summer ago (got heat dik...err heat sick first day) soo went solo for that..rest of group had a fine time...stupid keyboard.... lol.gif GOTTA GET BACK TO THE WINDS....if not this summer then definitly next summer....for 7-8 days..hope to take some newbies there,am training with them this summer...

Jakehiker

Jakehiker
PostSun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 am 
Every Wednesday I hike 7 miles with a group of guys in Spokane, so right there I have 350 miles. Then I do a hundred Backpacking. Is that Wind river in Wyoming? Yes hit me up next year!!

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostSat Mar 07, 2015 3:12 pm 
oh my god now I am looking at the beartooths...on the wyoming montana border... my uncle took me into the mission range just s.e. of flathead lake when I was 13..up by m'cdonald peak...indian side west.... u need permission mission mtns would be great..lotsa grrrizzzzz!

Jakehiker

Jakehiker
PostSat Mar 07, 2015 3:40 pm 
I was in the Beartooths last year, had an awesome 5 days. Going back every year.

Jakehiker

Jakehiker
PostMon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 pm 
Thanks for all the replies. I now have enough partners. Thanks