Forum Index > Partners > Eagle Creek 3-day backpack 4/3-4/5
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
itsjustjchu
jay

itsjustjchu
jay
PostTue Mar 24, 2015 9:27 pm 
Hey all! I'm totally new to this forum, but it seems like the right place to post! I'm looking for a few (not more than 3) partners to hike and camp the eagle creek loop in the Colombia River Gorge. About me: 20 year old dude, moved up about a month ago from San Diego, I dig hiking, camping, kickboxing, cooking, and food! I'll be transferring into Lewis & Clark College in August (can't wait!) About the hike: 27 miles roundtrip, one of the most scenic hikes (so I've heard) in the gorge, starts out level and then gain some altitude. This is perfect for those who are trying to break out and do more overnighters. To make the trip enjoyable and on the easy-side, I'm planning to break the 27miles down over 3 days starting April 3rd and ending April 5th. People new to backpacking are welcome, but you MUST tell me your experience level (and be honest about it!). If you're new, I'd love to help you out in picking out gear or preparing! Other deets: Some gear like stoves, cookware, maps/compass I'd love to share, and I have a two-person tent, but other than that, you should be prepared with your own gear. I can provide transportation so long as it's within reasonable driving distance from Downtown Portland. Hope to see you out there! Jay biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

facebook.com/itsjustjchu
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostWed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 pm 
You might have better luck finding partners for that over at Oregon Hikers, since it tends to be a more Portland-centric community (though don't necessarily let that stop you from posting here).

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm 
you might also want to check portlandhikers dot org be sure not to leave any valuables in your car in the Columbia Gorge area, as there have been many reports of car break-ins there. and as Sore Feet points out: don't shy away from posting here, because we have way more discussion threads about flag tape, cairns, and off-leash dogs than any other hiking site on the planet. oh... yeah... and welcome to the site! dizzy.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
itsjustjchu
jay

itsjustjchu
jay
PostWed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 pm 
Thank for your advice!

facebook.com/itsjustjchu
payslee

payslee
PostWed Mar 25, 2015 10:38 pm 
and just to clear up any confusion, the owners of portland hikers . org recently rebranded that forum as oregon hikers . org So both suggestions are for the same site. Are you doing the Eagle-Tanner or the Eagle-Ruckle loop? -payslee oh, and going to meetup dot com and joining the portland backpackers group is probably your best source for partners rather than armchair trip planning. And welcome to Oregon!