Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > NHL? Tukwila??
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostMon Apr 27, 2015 7:57 pm 
Quote:
Bartoszek, 50, confirmed Monday he is proposing to build a multi-purpose sports arena in Tukwila, on land situated just off Interstate 405 and within walking distance of an existing Sounder train station. He is partnering on the project with NBA legend Bill Russell, former Sonics star Fred Brown, and Jerry Lee, CEO of the New York architectural firm MulvannyG2. The venture, which is privately funded, on just less than five acres of land would clearly be done with an eye toward the region being granted an NHL expansion franchise, though Bartoszek on Monday cautioned that his only goal for now is getting arena approval. Seattle Times

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Leafguy

Leafguy
PostMon Apr 27, 2015 9:04 pm 
I'd love to see NHL hockey in Seattle, but I think we're still going to have to be WHL fans for a while. Which is by the way, darn good hockey. The NHL rosters are about 25% WHL'ers. GoT'Birds, go Silvertips! hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif

touron

touron
PostMon Apr 27, 2015 9:10 pm 
I think we will get an NHL team, and Tukwila is a good place for it (hey, spread the traffic congestion aground). Now, what should the team be called? The Seattle Totems?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Apr 28, 2015 8:44 am 
touron wrote:
The Seattle Totems?
They weren't even an NHL team. The original NHL team way back was the Metropolitans but I don't like that name either.. lol.gif Living more south I would only be about 7-8 miles from the proposed arena site. I would surely go to a lot more games (if not even have season tickets) if they did it here vs in Seattle. I'd even prefer Bellevue or elsewhere. I hate going into Seattle for anything, at least SODO area is on the right end of it for me. I'm tired of the knuckleheads in Seattle anyway who don't seem to be able to get anything done. I hope they pull it off and get an NHL team here in the next few years. At least the NHL wants to come here whereas the NBA doesn't seem to care or be very interested.

cascadetraverser

cascadetraverser
PostTue Apr 28, 2015 4:19 pm 
As kids we used to see the Totems play the Cannucks (before they moved to the NHL, which never happened for us...) at the Seattle Coliseum. It was quite a rivalry. I for one would love to see it return! You have to wonder bout Seattle`s endless lawsuits/decision making losing this one to Tukwila if they don`t watch out. How about a NW hiker friendly name like the Seattle Cascades??? Enough of the Maritime names; lets name our team after our greatest natural wonder!

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Apr 28, 2015 6:59 pm 
cascadetraverser wrote:
How about a NW hiker friendly name like the Seattle Cascades??? Enough of the Maritime names; lets name our team after our greatest natural wonder!
That would be as good as anything. No more maritime or bird name teams.. lol...

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Apr 28, 2015 7:28 pm 
Used to love the old Western Hockey League until the NHL stabbed us in the back. Hockey is a great sport loved it in Canada, Penn, and Mich. it belongs in the northern tier it was idiotic to put teams in FL and TX those are football states. How about Seattle Sasquatch. hockeygrin.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
mgd

mgd
PostTue Apr 28, 2015 7:36 pm