Forum Index > Photography Talk > panorama stitching software
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wiki summary

wiki summary
PostMon Mar 24, 2008 10:22 pm 
Download Hugin Here Download Autostitch Here Autostitch notes: for best results click on Edit, Options and change the following options BEFORE selecting the pictures to stitch: - Set Scale to 100% for final stitching (the resizing algorithm used by autostitch is awful, and so anything besides 100% will result in a slightly blurry pano -- resize it afterward for best results) - Leave Scale at 10% only if you want a fast stitch (nice for previewing) [- Set System Memory to a larger number (assuming you have the memory)] NOTE: I have found that the system memory setting should be left at the default 0.25gb. If this is set larger you are reserving more memory for the system which leaves less for AS. (not as clear as it could be) - Set JPEG Quality to 90% or more (but not 100% or the file will be huge) -Gain Compensation check this box for AS to adjust exposure differences -Image Rotation Be sure to check the correct box if not default orientation otherwise you'll get really weird results IMPORTANT: if you post your pano here, please resize it to no taller than 800 pixels high or it will be too tall to fit on most screens.

Wiki summmary last edited by Tom on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:52 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
mike

mike
PostWed Apr 29, 2015 7:29 am 
iron wrote:
i seem to recall that there was some kind of hack with LR to do an HDR process using a single photo. not true HDR, but close enough.
Any image editor can do that. But it's not really HDR since you can't add info which isn't there to begin with. edit: One thing that you can try with a single image is to rename it, file1, file2, file3 and load those images in the HDR app and try it. Some say it works better than tweeking sliders on one image.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Schroder

Schroder
PostWed Apr 29, 2015 3:53 pm 
After several failed attempts at HDR with Photoshop, I ran some of my old sets through Lightroom 6 - they came out fine & it was quite easy to do.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message