Forum Index > Photography Talk > Digital Photography
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Synchro

Synchro
PostMon Feb 10, 2003 8:50 pm 
MCaver wrote:
I've had an E-10 for about a year now and I've not regretted a minute of it. My only enhancement would be removable lenses like the Nikon D1 series instead of add-ons, but it's a minor thing. They're pretty cheap now compared to last year too.
I second the E-10. I have had mine for over a year and over the past 3 months have been hiking with it in my day pack. I got the battery grip and lithium ion battery for it, which was definitely worth it. The results I have had with it are great. I am finally starting to want to shoot professionally after so many years of not using my photography degree. BTW, the E-20 has a 5MP CCD and a few other upgraded features. For those that want removeable lense, you can sometimes find the Nikon or Canon lower end (4-5MP) for around $1500. yes it still expensive but they give great results and if you already have an investment in their respective lenses then that might be a great option. I am starting to see Canon D60s coming up for sale used for cheap as well. so look around.

It could be that your life is meant only to serve as a warning to others.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Feb 11, 2003 1:21 pm 
I'd definitely prefer a D60 'cause I'm planning on buying a Elan 7e eventually too, so the lens interchangability is a big positive there. But, since I'm seeing factory refurbished E-10's going for as little as $800 on ebay, that's my first target I think. Of course, by the time I amass the money for that, maybe the D60 will be cheap enough.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 1:05 am 
Hey Thomas, checkout the macro play with the new G-3. I needed a tri pod. But they look ok. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 1:27 am 
In addition to a tripod you'll want a macro filter and lensmate adapter to get good macros with the G3.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 2:19 am 
Anything else you'd suggest for my set up? What about polarizing filters, or other filters? You may remove those pics. I just wanted you to see them. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 11:41 am 
You may want to get a circular polarizer. Personally, I don't use (or own) any filters. I'm too lazy to mess with them. My setup is a G2, 4 oz. mini tripod, spare battery, spare CF, and a lens cleaning pen. Camera goes in my front pocket and the rest goes in my backpack.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 1:23 pm 
Well, you're so damn good at the links. How about where you got the tri pod!!! TB winksmile.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 1:28 pm 
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Mar 05, 2003 2:08 pm 
Oh, one of those! Tanks! TB