Forum Index > Trail Talk > Beginning of the end for Roslyn...
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catwoman

catwoman
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 5:32 pm 
MtnGoat is always hungry to heat up an argument. After all, look who always starts threads that are of political nature and controversiality. Believe me, I don't take his hits personally, but for some reason, he seems to take everything said personally (or maybe it's just what I say, I don't know), so gets upset. Take a chill pill, Chris. Many of us do! lol And I hoped that people noticed the little moon.gif I flipped, which is somewhat designating of just being a smart-ass. Yes, I adhere to my statements in that post to some degree, but I don't generalize. Men - they're all such hotheads! (oops!) wink.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 5:34 pm 
"MtnGoat is always hungry to heat up an argument. " no, I'm merely unwilling to look the other way when someone ranks on folks with differing views about recreation! "joyrides" are as valid as *any* other form of recreation. moon.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 5:43 pm 
A social along the upper MFK would be splendid. Remember a grand road in style. Stories, memories...ahhh.... rolleyes.gif Anyhow, nice commando camping action at the end with plenty of spread-out factor. Straggler action could be a problem though. In any event, the gating of the MFK road requires a social.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 5:45 pm 
Tally ho. Damn good reason (although any reason is a good one) sounds like a deal (if everyone else digs the local) TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 6:14 pm 
I'm game for another rain social. That was excellent. Despite the scuffles here and there online, this is still a great group of people to chat with over a campfire. Can we get Craig to deliver another truckload of wood? smile.gif

hiker

hiker
PostSat Sep 14, 2002 2:32 pm 
Thread driftback. Remember folks, alot of people that live at resorts barely have the energy to hike 18 holes. I have to wonder where they are going to get the water from. It's going to be sad to see the area change though. Thread doubledriftback. As far as Baker and Rainier go, it is highly possible that one means snowcapped thunderking and the other bubbling fire cauldron. Most names have some sort of origin and the fact that they are are attached to a European doesn't mean they have no other significance. Of course Baker could also mean he who sits at home while big mountain is named after him biggrin.gif Overpopulation, underpopulation, the important thing is to have a population that is good stewards of the land and that care enough about each other to deal with societies problems and help out the neighbor in need.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
catwoman

catwoman
PostSat Sep 14, 2002 10:23 pm 
Hiker ..... true, but the more population you have, the more there becomes "competition" be it of land, properties, belongings, partners, etc. And the more you crowd a space, the less friendly the inhabitants become.

hiker

hiker
PostSun Sep 15, 2002 9:09 am 
Cat, some of the friendliest people I've met were when visiting Japan which is definitely one of the more crowded countries. I think the friendliness of a people depends more on the values lived and promoted by the community than by the size of the community. Size does present challenges but also presents opportunities. If there are onlly a few people in my village, we all have to treat eachother well just to survive. If there are many people in my village maybe we don't have to treat each other well (or do we?) but then you miss out on alot because you can't have things like symphonies, Forest Services, maintained trails, theatre, etc. It didn't take alot of people to kill of most of the buffalo in the 1800's. That is an example of competition getting out of hand with only a few people. Again I think it depends on the values of the community more than the size.

rubberlegs

rubberlegs
PostSun Sep 15, 2002 10:46 pm 
Hmmm... Stefan talking about overpopulation. Oh, and congratulations!!

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor

Steve
Phlogiston Purveyor
PostMon Sep 16, 2002 6:35 am 
New Zealand is starting to look better the more I live here. They have not even broken the 4,000,000 mark for population and they have 50% more area than Washington. I hate driving around here now and I thought it was bad 15 years ago! I found out that our vice president's (Boeing structures that is) vision for engineering is to see employment cut by 50% in the next 3-5 years so I guess that will make my career decision easier. And I could end up relieving the local population density problem.

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt.