Forum Index > Trail Talk > For you waterfall people
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 5:28 pm 
Now I love waterfalls as much as the next guy, but I typically dont go looking for them. On our last trip Dante and I saw a beautiful waterfall. I mention this because the trail it's off of is primarily a horse pack trail and so I dont expect anyone here will have seen this falls. Approximatly one mile south of Waptus, turn east/north east onto the Trail Creek trail. After one mile or so the trail starts to climb, around the first real switchback, the falls on the left. Immpressive. TB http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=10&n=5261229&e=639573&s=25&size=m&symshow=n

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 5:31 pm 
if ya look here, you can get the airphoto and the topo! just select which you want with "view" menu. http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.aspx?t=2&s=12&x=798&y=6577&z=10&w=1

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 5:40 pm 
ARMY tanks Mr. Goat. That is a cool option... It really is a pretty waterfall. had we had more time (trying to out run the moon) we'd have stopped and taken a photo....

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Sep 13, 2002 11:48 pm 
ooOOOooh. Terraserver got spiffier lookin'. Guess now I have an excuse to take off up to Waptus now...well, the map gets marked, hopefully it won't have dust bunnies growing on it by the time I get up there (new tent is coming for Christmas...but don't tell me about it tongue.gif )