Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lillian, Laura, Rampart Ridge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Justus S.

Justus S.
PostSat Jul 30, 2005 12:00 pm 
July 29, 2005 Destinations reached: Lake Lillian, Lake Laura, Rampart Ridge 5870, Peak 5640 + I left GreenLake a little after two pm and fought traffic down I5 all the way to I90. I arrived at the parking area a little before 4 only to find two cars already there. frown.gif At Lake Lillian, I followed a trail around the east side of the lake and up to the top of the ridge. This trail takes one all the way to the Rampart Lakes and a side trail leads to the top of Rampart Ridge, 5870 feet. Unfortunately, I wasn’t paying attention and meandered off the trail. I finally reconnected with the trail and followed it to the top of Rampart. I ate my sandwich, snapped some pictures, and contemplated what I should do with my remaining 3hrs of light. I finally decided to go for the high point 5640+ west of Lake Lillian and Laura. I headed back for Lake Lillian and around 5300ft I started a high traverse toward the saddle area north of the peak. This was a bit tiring and tedious as there are a bunch of little cliffy sections to go around. Once at the saddle, I made it easily to the summit. Upon returning to the saddle, I headed straight for Lake Lillian. The best way to reach Peak 5640+ is from Lillian’s western shore and then up to the saddle. On the way out I stopped to take a look at Lake Laura and was back to the car before sunset. All in all it was a great trip and finally a nice sunny day. The area is quite spectacular but a bit trampled. Notes: Trip time was a little under 5hrs thanks to the short route, see tr’s on wta.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message