PostMon Dec 09, 2002 4:58 am 
Count me in!
Can't pass up a bargain. -Trick Knee

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dante

Dante
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 12:04 pm 
2003 Update: Continued Interest?
Spring is approaching. If people are still interested in this I will give Tom Hennessy another call to confirm this offer and see if prices have increased for 2003. I can live without one for the time being. My hobby interest/budget has shifted to my car for the winter. That said, I would probably buy one if there is enough interest.

TreeTop

TreeTop
PostThu Feb 06, 2003 3:48 pm 
I am Very Interested!
I would be super interested in this group buy, ecspecially if Tom will throw some snake skins our way too. tongue.gif Wishful thinking I guess. The explorer ultralite a-sym is definately the model that I have my eye on, being slightly taller than 6'. Please keep me informed on this group buy! TreeTop intergalactictreetop@hotmail.com

Dopey

Dopey
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 9:36 am 
HH group buy.
agree.gif Greetings all. I've been eyeballing he HH for a while now, and spending all my online time researching. I will be going to REI flagship in the next week or so, to test the HH. When do you guys see this group purchace happening?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 10:10 am 
I am looking at a really lwt Mont-Bell solo tent instead of an HH at this time...at 2Lbs 7oz and lots of space, it can't be beat! Now I just need to figure out how to get one back from Japan!

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Dante

Dante
PostThu Apr 17, 2003 5:19 pm 
Roll Call
Let's do a roll call of those who are in. In the meantime, I will contact Mr. Hennessy and make sure he will still honor this offer. Who is in?

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 9:07 am 
I'm giving it serous thought. If you can still get a good price, I'll be in.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Dante

Dante
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 11:32 am 
I just sent the following message to HH: Last October I spoke first with Tom Hennessy's wife and then with him about a group buy discount for the members of www.nwhikers.net. Tom said he would give us a 1% discount for every hammock he sells through this group buy up to 20%. In other words, if 20 of us buy hammocks, we get 20% off his catalog prices. Since the summer hiking season was over when we discussed this, most members were not interested at that time. As we approach summertime again, members are more and more interested in a group buy on Hennessy Hammocks. Will Tom still honor the 1% per hammock up to 20% group buy rate? Here is a link to the thread where I proposed the group buy after I spoke with Tom Hennessy last October: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1108 Thank you for your time. I look forward to your response. I'll post the response when I get it.

Dante

Dante
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 4:06 pm 
Here's the response: Dante - sure, we will. Would they all be shipped to the same place? Thanks Ann Here's my reply: They could be--at least most of them. Most of the members are in the Seattle area. You could probably send most, if not all, the stuff to me. I could distribute it among the people in the Seattle area. So who is in. If we can get 20 people to commit, that's a 20% discount agree.gif

Dante

Dante
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 4:11 pm 
OK, it looks to me like we have commitments from four people, so far (please correct me if I am wrong): 1. Me 2. Hiker Boy (You still in?) 3. Trick Knee 4. Brian Curtis I'd say we need at least 10 to 15 people to make this worthwhile and preferably 20. Please tell your friends. The more the merrier smile.gif

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Apr 18, 2003 6:40 pm 
I'm still interested...so long as I can muster the money. *checks wallet...moth flies out* embarassedlaugh.gif

Dante

Dante
PostMon Apr 21, 2003 3:01 pm 
Anyone else? Tom the moderator could get us at leadt 5% or 10% off any time? wink.gif

Dante

Dante
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 12:56 pm 
Hmm . . . I thought there would be more interest . . . I guess those of us who are interested should just ask Tom to find us the best deal. A sale price, multiple coupon codes, AMEX Blue, etc. will save us way more than 4% or 5% wink.gif (just teasing, Tom). I'll hold off for a while in case there's more interest as we get closer to summer. I'm not in a hurry to buy a hammock, but it doesn't look like this is going to take off frown.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Apr 29, 2003 1:06 pm 
Bah, Amex Blue is long gone... but I've seen the HH go on sale plenty of times for 20% off. I'll post here when I see 'em.

Dante

Dante
PostWed May 14, 2003 10:40 am 
20% Off Any Regular Price Item at REI
FYI There is a coupon in today's Seattle Times or PI for 20% Off Any Regular Price Item at REI.