Forum Index > Trip Reports > Enchantment trip 9-27 to 9-29
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

PostFri Feb 07, 2003 4:33 pm 
I'd love to say "yeah count me in", but I hate to be a "lets do lunch" type. But who knows.. Very nice shot even with the tents. I think you guys were in hammocks, so I'd guess those weren't your tents? Regardless, seems like that one tent is a bit close to the shore. Don't know what damage would be done in that sandy landscape, but to me it's a little tacky to camp right on the shore. Comments?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 6:02 pm 
The alpine scenery should get you wanting to get back up there again even if its not for lunch. wink.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 6:59 pm 
Those photos suckered me in as soon as I saw them. up.gif I need no tempting. That's why I been askin ?'s I'm thinkin real hard and half plannin. I'm a super duper slooow kinda guy and from my research I'm probably looking at a day and a half just to get there. So I think I would be lookin at 4 days total. My big problem is getting my work schedule for that time of year. If there be work for me I can't be missin it. My vacation time will be in Minn. in June. Also any reason for Sept. 27-29? Isn't it getting kinda kooold and not so nice of weather? NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostFri Feb 07, 2003 7:28 pm 
Sep 27-29 just happened to be the days that Tom had a permit for. It is cool then but you get the larch tree display at that time (or even a week later). Four days is ideal so I wouldn't worry about being a speed burner up the trail or not. Just enjoy the trip. Now all we need is for someone to step forward and pick up the permit, and invite some of us biggrin.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSat Feb 08, 2003 11:57 am 
I wouldn't mind tagging along, but am particularly interested in going via Aasgard as I have not been in that way yet.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 11:34 am 
Asgaard is the *only* way to go. Ive been over Asgaard six times, and up the Snow Lakes *hump* twice. I don ever want to go via Snow Lakes again. I'd like to go via Asgaard and meet people in the lowers if some people didnt want to go via Asgaard. Hey Doc, let's start thinking of *when* people are intersted in this thing. Unless things change, it's going to be a very early hiking season this year. The snow pack is filled with sorrow, and that's for sure and for certain! Throw out some dates to try and get some idea as to when most people are interested. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 2:10 pm 
I hear ya BPJ. I'm thinking also that it might be open earlier than normal. Maybe a before June 15th trip would be good timing (no permits required) although there should still be some snow up there. Great for photography purposes. I'm open to ideas and times.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 6:33 pm 
Hey Doc, when was that pic taken? Looks O-L-D man! I agree with you. How many of us have been up there PRE-permits time? Ive never been there in May or June? My brother is an airline pilot. I'll get him to take me up prior to our trip and get a scouting report!!! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 8:06 pm 
If you go up with your bro, be sure and take lots of pics. One of the best flights I ever had was in a small plane that went around the Enchantment /Mt. Stuart area and I still didn't get enough pics. A real treat to look forward to tongue.gif

PostSun Feb 09, 2003 8:08 pm 
Interesting. A pre 6/15 trip that was not a complete snow slog. up.gif Not a great pic, but a less than typical view of the basin. From a 1982 trip. No permits and it wasn't THAT long ago. shakehead.gif

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostSun Feb 09, 2003 8:12 pm 
Pappy, that is a great shot. Its hard to get the slides to always scan nicely to digital but that pic looks like it was taken from near Enchantment Peak area. I see Talisman (Inspiration), Rune (Perfection) and Leprechaun (the distant one). up.gif