Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Chilkoot Book
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Aug 12, 2005 10:11 pm 
I've got a number of books on this trail but seem to have missed Trail to the Klondike. Anyone read this? Feedback? Newt

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostSat Aug 13, 2005 12:35 pm 
I have many books on the Chilkoot myself but not that one. Just curious, have you done the trail? It's awesome!

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Aug 13, 2005 2:30 pm 
Haven't yet HB. I've been tryin to work it into my schedule since you and your gang up north got me fired up about it. I'm finding my work keeps me busier in summer than in winter so hard plans aren't ever made. It's something I need to do soon as I'm getting older and the health is on the decline. Was a lot of good reading, from the prep work to the reports. I've always felt I lived in that time period in a past life. When I see the old photos, I see me.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool

Hiker Boy
Hinking Fool
PostSat Aug 13, 2005 4:33 pm 
Newt wrote:
I've always felt I lived in that time period in a past life. When I see the old photos, I see me.
Me too! I was brought up reading stories and tall tales of the north and the Klondike. With my Dad being an mining engineer, my grandfather being an underdround miner, and with me marrying a drift miner's daughter, you could say it runs in my blood. I also enjoyed reading about Virginia City, Lake Tahoe, and Nevada silver rush through the words of Mark Twain.

Honey Badger Don't Care!
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Aug 14, 2005 5:00 pm 
Neat HB. No mining in my family. All of my dads side and half of my moms side were into wood. Mills, logging, wood delivery and wood stoves. My moms other side was into the farming thing. I liked the mines for the antiquity and the pull on my soul.