Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Warning! Arts Plug
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
touron

touron
PostMon Dec 27, 2010 1:36 pm 
Tonight (Monday), Ch 9 at 9:00PM
Quote:
'Glenn Gould: Genius Within' PBS' "American Masters" series airs this documentary about the classical pianist. The film features some of Gould's recordings and interviews with his associates, and was directed by Peter Raymont and Michele Hozer. 9 p.m. Monday on KCTS
Quote:
Glenn Herbert Gould (September 25, 1932 – October 4, 1982) was a Canadian pianist who became one of the best-known and most celebrated classical pianists of the 20th century. He was particularly renowned as an interpreter of the keyboard music of Johann Sebastian Bach. His playing was distinguished by a remarkable technical proficiency and a capacity to articulate the polyphonic texture of Bach’s music.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostWed Jan 12, 2011 12:47 pm 
If anyone is in NYC next Monday with time on their hands and nothing to do, you might want to head to Carnegie Hall in the evening. Our Sno-King Community Chorale was invited by composer Karl Jenkins to participate in the US premiere of his latest work "Gloria". Most of us are headed out tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

Gil

Gil
PostSun Jan 16, 2011 1:54 am 
We went to Groove for Thought's homecoming performance at one of the Benaroha theaters on Friday -- they were AWESOME. Those folks are so talented! And I'm not just saying that cuz our kids are buddies with Amanda. Anyway, there's a repeat performance on Feb. 18, I believe, or you can catch them on Hulu.
Groove for Thought: Stephanie, Amanda and Peter
Groove for Thought: Stephanie, Amanda and Peter
Groove for Thought: Peter, Amanda, Kelly and Jeff. This 7-person acapella group gave a homecoming concert in Seattle after their appearances on NBC's "Sing-Off" -- wow, what a performance!
Groove for Thought: Peter, Amanda, Kelly and Jeff. This 7-person acapella group gave a homecoming concert in Seattle after their appearances on NBC's "Sing-Off" -- wow, what a performance!
Groove for Thought: James, Kelly, Amanda and Brennan
Groove for Thought: James, Kelly, Amanda and Brennan

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostWed Feb 16, 2011 11:20 am 
Awesome stuff smile.gif

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
touron

touron
PostWed May 18, 2011 11:05 pm 
Tacoma Art Museum, American Chronicles: The Art of Norman Rockwell February 26–May 30, 2011 On third Thursdays (which is tomorrow), from 5-8PM, admission is free

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Gil

Gil
PostSun May 22, 2011 6:43 pm 
VocalPoint! Seattle's "Sweet Soul Music" at Broad Performance Hall -- maybe their best show yet, and that's saying something. They've done four shows and have four to go next week.
vp172
vp172
vp123
vp123
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaeger2/sets/72157626648470641/ Details: http://www.northwestchoirs.org/ http://www.nwchoirs.org/events.php

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun May 22, 2011 6:45 pm 
We're going to the Saturday perfomance. up.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Gil

Gil
PostTue May 24, 2011 10:28 pm 
Super! Hope to see you there!

Kim Brown

Kim Brown
PostFri Sep 09, 2011 9:20 am 
Because of the oppressive heat and resultant crappy weather, being outside will be gross - so you should make it a point to visit Seattle Art Museum's "Beauty and the Bounty" exhibit. Unfortunately it closes on the 11th. I'd've warned you about this exhibit earlier, but I just toured it last night. Well worth the measley $15 admission price. Not only the idyllic paintings which helped incite the creation of National Parks, but glorious general landscape paintings - mountains, wetlands, prairies - tons of studies of clouds and sky and light - beautiful. There's a wonderful collection of Darius Kinsey photos and old timey 3-D photos - think View Master (they provide glasses to view them), many of a frozen Niagara Falls. Very nice.

"..living on the east side of the Sierra world be ideal - except for harsher winters and the chance of apocalyptic fires burning the whole area." Bosterson, NWHiker's marketing expert
Dogpatch

Dogpatch
PostFri Sep 09, 2011 7:46 pm 
Kim Brown wrote:
There's a wonderful collection of Darius Kinsey photos
The Kinsey photos are superb. Also take a look at the companion show, "Reclaimed"--my hubby Campking has about a dozen black-and-white photos of the abandoned Milwaukee Road railroad in that show. I think they're pretty cool, but of course I might be prejudiced.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." – Groucho Marx
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Sep 09, 2011 8:45 pm 
Cathy, I knew it! I couldn't remember Glenn's last name, but the subject of the photos and the style - I told Jonathan, "That's gotta be Cathy's feller!" There's a photo of Glenn in one of the other rooms downstairs, and when we saw it, that confirmed it. Awesome photos!!!!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Gil

Gil
PostMon Oct 31, 2011 9:16 pm 
After the fact, but our daughter performing in the VocalPoint! Seattle show this weekend.
vp98
vp98
Leah performing in VocalPoint! Seattle show.
Leah performing in VocalPoint! Seattle show.

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Nov 08, 2011 5:47 pm 
EDIT: The concert is almost sold out. There's something like 8 tickets left for sale but I still have two tickets to give away. I've gone to the true geek side of the music world and now play in a Wind Symphony but the music is really fun and the atmosphere is more casual than a regular old symphony concert. We only allow one string player in our band and it's a string bass. If you were in band or your kid is in band you will enjoy this concert immensely and student tickets are ONLY $3. ONLY $3! $15 for adults. I had to purchase 2 adult tix and will give them away if you promise to show up. PM me. Tickets Seattle Wind Symphony Sunday Nov 13, 3:00 PM Broadway Performance Hall Seattle, WA Larry Gookin, Artistic Director/Conductor Featuring a 59 piece professional quality wind symphony performing works by Shostakovich, Holst, Ticheli, Hindemith, Grainger and others. This is the inaugural concert of this organization that will add an exciting new Seattle sound to the local musical scene. Performing: Festive Overture - Dmitri Shostakovich Suite For Eb Military Band - Gustav Holst Moving Parts - David Sampson Sanctuary - Frank Ticheli Suite Française - Darius Milhaud Prelude in a Dorian Mode - Percy Grainger Danzon - Leonard Bernstein Melody Shop - Karl L. King

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Dec 17, 2011 3:57 pm 
Dance Theatre Northwest Nutcracker Mt. Tahoma High School Auditorium Saturday, December 17 2:30 pm and 7:00 pm Sunday, December 18 4:00 pm the pies just left, and will be there for intermission. (sugar-free pies should be available for the evening performance and tomorrow's performance.) smile.gif
nutcracker_pies_2_121711
nutcracker_pies_2_121711

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 pm 
hey you have one hour and ten minutes before the curtain goes up for today's performance!
happy_nutcracker_to_larry_121811
happy_nutcracker_to_larry_121811
(special-ordered sugar-free apple for the sound man) (*oh.. and there's still plenty of pie left for intermission! * )

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."