Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Warning! Arts Plug
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
More $$$Bell

More $$$Bell
PostTue Apr 10, 2012 6:53 pm 
TOTALLY SHAMELESS REQUEST My new orchestra is lucky enough to have our inaugural performance be the opening night of the SIFF Festival at McCaw Hall. We're actually only playing for about 10 minutes total before the film starts. To pay for our meager wages (basically minimum wage), funds need to be raised through Kickstarter. If you fund this project there are many cool rewards at each level. Go here to read about the whole project and about the composer, Charles-Henri Avelange. Thanks!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Gil

Gil
PostSun May 20, 2012 11:00 am 
Nothing to do on a rainy Seattle Sunday? See a great vocal music show and test your pop music trivia knowledge at the Broadway Performance Center! Teen singers VocalPoint! Seattle perform in "Pop Quiz" at 2:30 p.m. And if you miss this afternoon's show, there are four more -- next Thursday-Sunday. http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaeger2/sets/72157629801777722/

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
touron

touron
PostMon May 28, 2012 5:58 pm 
Great music provided by Boeing's orchestra at the Museum of Flight today. up.gif up.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
the Zachster

the Zachster
PostTue Jun 12, 2012 9:24 pm 
The Edmonds Arts Festival is this weekend (June 15-17). My favorite part is the large display of children's art work (elementary to high school). Amazing talent in the young ones! up.gif PS I had two photos selected for the Photography exhibit! dance.gif http://www.edmondsartsfestival.com/

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Jun 12, 2012 9:43 pm 
the Zachster wrote:
PS I had two photos selected for the Photography exhibit! dance.gif
up.gif twirl.gif Congrats

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
ree

ree
PostTue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif

More Piccolo

More Piccolo
PostSun Nov 04, 2012 9:21 am 
Need a break from all the political ads? Want a great price on student tickets? Do you need a good excuse for a nice walk around the UW campus in the gorgeous fall color? Then we have the solution. Our concert begins at 3:00 PM today at Meany Hall. The music is some of the most enjoyable wind symphony music ever written, conducted by the one and only Larry Gookin. Free parking in the Meany garage! $5 student tickets No intermission (so a shorter concert) Tickets at the door. But here is all the info: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/e/283351

Gil

Gil
PostSat May 18, 2013 7:37 pm 
Hi all: VocalPoint! Seattle is performing again -- they started their concert series at the Broadway Performance Hall on Thursday. So you have tonight and Sunday, then Thursday-Sunday next week to hear them! A few unusual numbers this time surrounding the theme "Breaking Hearts." A few photos from Thursday and Friday:
Nikon Nikkor 35-200mm AIS
vp90
vp90

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Jun 13, 2014 6:17 pm 
After my mother discovered it was rusting away in a storage shed for the last several years... A dedication ceremony for Thomas Morandi's "Sun King" will be held at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, June 25th, at 15th and Dock. "Sun King" was the first major piece of public art commissioned by the city, and it happened decades before Dale Chihuly and before Tacoma began to see itself as an “arts town.” City of Tacoma News Release Thanks Mom! smile.gif

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Jun 22, 2014 9:14 pm 
Teddy Bear's Picnic Sunday July 20 2014 from 1-4 pm at Curran Apple Orchard Bring your favorite Teddy Bear, Family, Friends, and Picnic Lunch A Fun, Free, Community Event Live entertainment and activities produced by Dance Theatre Northwest and University Place Veteran's Plaza for more information contact Barbara at 253 576 5663

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jun 25, 2014 7:53 pm 
Dedication ceremony for Thomas Morandi's "Sun King" today at 15th & Dock in Tacoma under beautiful sunny skies.
Thomas Morandi - Sun King - 06/25/14
Ellida Lathrop and Thomas Morandi - Sun King 06/25/14
Ellida Lathrop and Thomas Morandi - Sun King 06/25/14
(see story in post above)

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 pm 
Feeling like you need a little culture this weekend. My orchestra is putting on a concert with two great pieces and one nice overture. If you love the cello, the Dvořák Cello Concerto is an incredibly beautiful and exciting work. If you love excitement and astronomy then the Planets by Holst will do it for you as there will be a big visual presentation along with an extra large orchestra.
The Lake Washington Symphony Orchestra, Michael Miropolsky Music Director, presents “The Planets” on Sunday, November 2 at 3:00 PM.
  • Felix Mendelssohn - Ruy Blas, Op. 95: Overture
  • Antonín Dvořák- Cello Concerto in B minor, Op. 104 featuring Eric Han
  • Gustav Holst - The Planets w/the Westminster Chapel Women’s Chorus and visual presentation
Enjoy a pre-concert chat led by KING-FM's Dave Beck at 2:00 pm. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/851796 1-800-838-3006 $15-$25-$30 Free Parking Kids under 12 are free Discounts for vets and union members at the door. http://www.lwso.org Westminster Chapel 13646 NE 24th Street Bellevue, WA 98005 http://www.westminster.org https://goo.gl/maps/tBv2X

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostFri Oct 31, 2014 6:33 pm 
We're having a raffle at our concert on Sunday for dinner for 2 at the Herb Farm (values at $500+). $20/raffle ticket. I'm entering for sure. chow.gif chow.gif chow.gif

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostFri Nov 21, 2014 4:00 pm 
Mendelsshon's Violin Concerto with the Seattle Symphony last Sunday had a delightfully pleasant surprise. The violin performance by Augustin Dadelich included richness to the tones provided by the Stradivarius violin that he plays on. Our seats were only 12 ft away from the gorgeous notes flowing from his fingers. The instrument itself is called the "Ex-Kiesewetter" Stradivarius made in 1723. If you have the opportunity in the future treat your ears to the beautiful sounds offered by a Stradivarius.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Nov 21, 2014 4:58 pm 
I did when I went up and saw Mayuko Kamio perform the Tchaikovsy Violin Concerto. (She's playing a 1727 Stradivarius that formerly belonged to Joseph Joachim.) How the hell did I miss the Mendelssohn Concerto? I thought I was on their mailing list! huh.gif (* the 1958 Stern/Ormandy recording is the one I grew up with.)