Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Warning! Arts Plug
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Sep 15, 2015 5:34 pm 
September 15, 2015 2:44 PM PDT Dance Theater Northwest Performances confirmed to date. DTNW season 2015-2016 The following is a list of confirmed performances to date for our 2015-2016 season. Thank you in advance for your support. Have a great week. Nutcracker ~ Mount Tahoma High School Auditorium (4634 S 74th St, Tacoma, WA 98409) ~ Saturday, December 12th @ 2:30 & 7:00 PM and Sunday, December 13th @ 4:00 PM Admission $11-13 Student ~ Senior ~ Child $22-26 Adult Discounts Available for children ~ Seniors ~ Students ~ Groups ~ Military 10/09/15 Custer Elementary School (7801 Steilacoom Blvd SW, Lakewood, WA 98498) ~ Friday October 9th @ 1:00 PM ~ Free & open to the public 10/25/15 Tacoma Dome Holiday Show (2727 E D St, Tacoma, WA 98418) ~ Saturday, October 24th @ 12-3:15 PM ~ Free with admission 11/06/15 Lowell Elementary School (810 Mr. Dahl Drive, Tacoma, WA 98403) ~ Friday, November 6th 2:15-3:15 PM ~ Free & Open to the public 11/14/15 Tacoma Narrows Glen (8201 6th Ave, Tacoma, WA 98406) ~ Saturday, November 14th @ 7:00 PM ~ Free & open to the public 11/20/15 Park Lodge Elementary School (6300 100th St SW, Lakewood, WA 98499) ~ Friday, November 20th @ 1:00 PM ~ Free & Open to the public 06/11/2016 Tacoma Museum of Glass (2016) (1801 Dock St, Tacoma, WA 98402) ~ Saturday, June 11th @ 1:00 PM & 3:00 PM ~ Free with Museum of Glass Admission 06/25/2016 Spring Concert & Annual School Recital – Mt Tahoma, Saturday, June 25th Time(s) TBA

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Sep 15, 2015 5:58 pm 
^ Melanie's got some incredibly talented girls in her company. I will not be surprised to see Amelia's, Lauren's, or Oceana's name in lights some day. Take your children - they will love it.

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
touron

touron
PostMon Oct 05, 2015 6:50 pm 
Jon Van Zyle, official artist of the Iditarod. http://www.jonvanzyle.com/

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 pm 
last call! Swan Lake - Pantages Theater - Tacoma - Thursday, October 15, 2015 and here's Roberto Bolle and Svetlana Zakharova at Teatro alla Scala to get you in the mood

strider

strider
PostThu Oct 22, 2015 9:42 pm 
Black Lights and Beer The first exhibition of the artwork of Brant Engberg, hosted by the Dirty Bucket Brewery in Woodinville. Now through 14 November. Exceptional beer and even better art. www.brantengberg.com or Dirty Bucket Brewery on Facebook.

strider I've never been lost, but I'm frequently uncertain where my destination might be in relation to where I am at the moment....
touron

touron
PostWed Jan 06, 2016 11:30 pm 
Quote:
Shakespeare’s First Folio: A traveling exhibition featuring one of Shakespeare’s First Folios is coming to Seattle. The exhibit will be at Seattle Public Library’s downtown branch March 21-April 17. Seattle Times article

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Jun 25, 2016 7:50 pm 
Teddy Bears Picnic - Sunday July 17th 1:00 - 4:00 PM - Curran Orchard - University Place

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Sep 18, 2016 9:24 pm 
Opa! St. Nicholas Orthodox Church Greek Festival Sept. 30, Oct. 1-2 be early if you want baklava! up.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Sep 28, 2016 9:26 pm 
Russian Grand Ballet Sleeping Beauty Friday October 28, 2016 Music by Peter Tchaikovsky Choreography by Marius Petipa (retouched by Vladimir Troshchenko) Broadway Center Pantages Theater Tacoma, Washington Tickets: BroadwayCenter.org 253 591 5894 RussianGrandBallet.com (* they did an outstanding job on Swan Lake last year in the same venue (on a very small stage) - this should be a good one. ) ============================================================================ Dance Theater Northwest Arts Are Education Performance October 1, 2016 at 7:00 PM ~ University Place Atrium Free and open to the public. Choreography Workshop October 1, 2016 at 2:00 PM ~ University Place Atrium Free and open to the public. Tacoma Dome Holiday Food & Gift Festival Booth: October 20-23, 2016, 10:00 AM-8:00 PM Holiday Performances: Saturday, October 22nd at NOON, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM , 3:00-3:15 PM Tacoma Narrows Glen Holiday Show November 19th, 2016 at 7:00 PM Free and open to the public. Nutcracker December 17, 2016 December 18, 2016 Times TBA (* Lauren is now dancing with Pacific Northwest Ballet * see post above from September 15, 2015 ) (* I had the pleasureof watching a bit of Melanie's advanced class one night a couple weeks ago. They were working on some excerpts from Paquita. She's got some damn good talent - extensions, hands, arms are as good as anything you'd see from Robert Joffrey or the Kirov, except none of them are much older than 15 or 16 - amazing.) (* for those of you who aren't familiar with Paquita - here's Cynthia Gregory and Fernando Bujones *)

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 29, 2016 2:19 pm 
Well... I was right: the Russian Grand Ballet production of Sleeping Beauty last night was fabulous. Yevgeniy Svetlitsa as Prince Désiré was particularly outstanding - flawlessly executing four double tours en l'air * consecutively in the final pas de deux. Vasily Bogdan as Prince Charmant was as well quite impressive. Their tour schedule for this season looks to be a bit longer than last years, telling me they'll most likely be back again next season. (* example ) == In the meantime: Dance Theater Northwest has confirmed the date for their annual performance of The Nutcracker on Saturday, December 17 and Sunday, December 18 at Mt. Tahoma High School in Tacoma. As I mentioned above, Melanie's got some really talented girls in the company this year. As an added incentive: my pie will be available in the lobby during intermission. wink.gif

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Oct 29, 2016 4:30 pm 
We hinterlanders have started, again, to meet on the last Saturday afternoon of the month and playmusic in the little room at the Randle Library. We have librarians who encourage it in our little noisy library. I am amazed because people wander in and actually sit and listen.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 29, 2016 5:32 pm 
^ Maybe you should pick a catchy name for your group and post a blurb in the White Pass Shopper. wink.gif

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Oct 30, 2016 8:59 pm 
I was told earlier during dinner that they did a production of Swan Lake in Olympia Thursday night. I have it on good authority they'll probably be back next season.
Russian Grand Ballet - Pantages Theater - Tacoma 10/28/16 - Yevgeniy Svetlitsa and Olga Kifyak (center)
Russian Grand Ballet - Pantages Theater - Tacoma 10/28/16 - Yevgeniy Svetlitsa and Olga Kifyak (center)

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Oct 31, 2016 7:41 am 
Well, how was it SkiMeister? Give us a review will ya.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Oct 31, 2016 11:39 am 
I did - just above. Fabulous. Wish I would have known they were doing Swan Lake Thursday down in Olympia - I would have gone to that one too!