Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Warning! Arts Plug
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Sep 25, 2017 8:48 pm 
St. Nicholas Greek Festival - St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - October 6-7-8 - 1523 So. Yakima, Tacoma

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostWed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm 
* Fifth Annual Teddy Bear's Picnic! * Saturday July 22, 2018 - 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Curran Orchard 3920 Grandview Drive West University Place, Wa. 98466 Teddy Bears! Live Music! Dancing Girls! Face Painting for Kids! * FREE! * Live performances by Dance Theater Northwest The two young ladies in the photo on the home page are Katie Neumann (left) and Oceana Thunder (right). Oceana attended a class earlier this afternoon at American Ballet Theater taught by Margo Sappington, and had the good fortune to be standing right next to Gillian Murphy at the barre and on the floor. I don't have a copy of the promotional poster for the Teddy Bear's Picnic yet, because Melanie and the girls are in New York this week. I'll see if I can get a graphic and post a reminder between now and July 22. In the meantime, here's a little bit of Gillian Murphy and Angel Corella making it look easy:

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Jul 21, 2018 7:51 pm 
Fifth Annual Teddy Bear's Picnic 2018! Sunday July 22, 2018 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm Curran Orchard 3920 Grandview Drive West University Place, Wa. 98466
Teddy Bear Picnic 2018
Teddy Bear Picnic 2018

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostThu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 pm 
FREE! Dance Theatre Northwest Presents Free Performance with New York’s Richard Philion - Saturday August 11, 2018 - University Place, Wa. Take your kids! They will love it!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm 
St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church - Greek Festival 2018 - 1523 So. Yakima, Tacoma Tonight until 9:00 PM - Sunday October 7 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM We stuffed our faces with dolmades, tiropita, gyros, calamari, souvlaki, followed by Greek coffee and paximadia, and brought home a week's supply of baklava. While talking with one of the vendors, learned that I had missed the first annual Taste of Romania Festival which was held at the Three Holy Hierarchs Romanian Orthodox Church, 6402 226th St SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043 on September 29th and 30th. While my own knowledge of Romanian culture is limited to George Enescu's "Rapsodia Romana", it does look rather interesting and something I'll be watching for next year. Here's a 12-minute video of the event (complete with dreadful audio) that gives a glimpse of what to expect. If nothing else, it looks like the opportunity to view the artwork inside their new church might well be worth the price of admission. 44614

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 am 
thanks ski. your mention of taste of Romania intrigued me. also pretty unfamiliar, so i had to look up their cuisine. then i made of big pot of ciorba for dinner. fresh cabbage. carrots, beets from the garden, and some home made sauerkraut. delicous! i could not find any festive romanian music, so we just went with german oompa.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostMon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 am 
ale capone wrote:
i could not find any festive romanian music
The lady who told me about the "Taste of Romania" festival recommended this piece by Ciprian Porumbescu:
not nearly as lively as the Enescu Rhapsody (above) but worth a listen nonetheless.

ale_capone

ale_capone
PostSat Oct 13, 2018 8:24 am 
beautiful! im not usually so refined, but i really enjoyed that. amazing how she can make a fiddle sound so sad. didnt think to check youtube. after the above i lestened to romanian folk music, volumes 1 &5. their music is like their food. cant quite nail the flavor, but its very energetic. if you like bluegrass, check out the second song on volume 5. try to listen to the whole song while remaining motionless.
and now back to plugging events. disappointed i missed the tacoma art event this summer. i wanted to see juliana and pava. love the herty gerty. seems they are taking a break this fall.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Nov 16, 2018 8:20 pm 
sorry about the short notice on this one: Dance Theatre Northwest FREE Performance Saturday November 17, 2018 7:00 PM University Place Library Atrium 3609 Market Place West, University Place, Wa. == Dance Theatre Northwest - Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker" Friday, Dec. 15th 2:30 PM and 7:00 PM Saturday, Dec. 16th 4:00 PM Mt. Tahoma High School 4634 South 74th St., Tacoma, Wa. 98409 tickets: dtnw.org or 253 778 6534
DTN Nutcracker 2018
DTN Nutcracker 2018

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Feb 03, 2019 7:56 pm 
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! CHINESE NEW YEAR! Annual Chinese New Year Celebration and Parade! PARADE on South 38th Street between South Yakima Avenue and South Thompson Street Tacoma Sunday February 10th 2019 Dragon! Fireworks!

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Dec 03, 2019 7:11 pm 
Dance Theater Northwest Nutcracker Saturday December 14th 2:30 PM Saturday December 14th 7:00 PM Sunday December 15th 4:00 PM Mt. Tahoma High School Auditorium 4634 South 74th St., Tacoma, Wa. 98409 for more information: 253 778 6534 dtnw.org
* PIE will be available in the lobby during intermission *

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostTue Jan 21, 2020 10:19 pm 
* Mark your calendar! * * Igor and Red Elvises * Friday June 26 Dante's - Portland Oregon Saturday June 27 Jazzbones, Tacoma, Washington Sunday June 28 Tractor Tavern, Seattle, Washington

Brushwork
Food truck

Brushwork
Food truck
PostWed Jan 22, 2020 8:41 pm 
I guess I should put in a plug for myself ... I have some paintings hung at Victors coffee in Redmond. For a short while.

When I grow up I wanna play.
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 1:41 am 
Dance Theater Northwest Leap Year Gala! Saturday, February 29, 2020 5:30 - 9:00 PM University Place Library Atrium - 3609 Market Place, University Place, Wa. 98466 Live and Silent Auction - Entertainment - Wine and Refreshments Tickets: $55 for more information: 253 778 6534 - www.DTNW.org Dance Theater Northwest is a 501-C-3 non-profit organization with a 32-year tradition of providing FREE dance performances and dance education as part of its community service outreach.

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostFri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 pm 
* be sure to see my post just above! * * Chinese New Year Parade and Celebration! * Sunday February 9 2020 Lincoln District - Tacoma, Washington https://everout.com/events/lunar-new-year-in-lincoln-district-2020-year-of-the-rat/E20773/