Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
Previous :: Next Topic  
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker

Have camera will use
PostSat Feb 08, 2020 6:40 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
"Birds of Prey", the new Harley Quinn movie is great. It completely wiped the bad taste of Suicide Squad. The theater was surprisingly empty, but I have no idea why? I'd guess superhero movie fatigue, but this movie is not like a traditional superhero movie, The 'super' parts are minimal (just one solitary event); it's more of a regular action flick, and almost all of the fight scenes are amazing.

--------------
'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker
bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!"
Photography: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani/albums
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
MtnGoat

MtnGoat

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 11:29 am 
Finders Keepers: story of the smoker sold at a storage auction...with a severed foot. Complications ensue. I could not stop laughing, it was worse when I paused it and found out it is *not* a satire.

Tickled..the twisted rabbit hole world of competitive endurance tickling. Shadowy internet figure uses threats and extortion to control ticklers.

--------------
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 10:20 pm 
Finally saw "Jojo Rabbit."  I haven't really been a Taika Waititi fan previously, but I enjoyed this.  It has a little bit of a Wes Anderson vibe IMO.  Many really good performances.  Takes a whimsical look at  serious subject, but then it had plenty of gravitas when it needed to.  I've seen Thomasin McKenzie in 2 films now (this and "Leave No Trace), I think she is an excellent young actress.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
cdestroyer

cdestroyer

PostSat Feb 22, 2020 4:52 pm 
just watched dunkirk..pretty good!
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe

NWH Joe-Bob
PostSat Feb 22, 2020 8:03 pm 
cdestroyer wrote:
just watched dunkirk..pretty good!

Ya know what bothered me about that movie.  There were thousands of airplanes in the air during that time from both the Germans and British.   Not if you watch that movie.

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

Abraham Lincoln
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
  Happy Birthday G C Thomas, Chucky, shiznit75!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: