Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
Previous :: Next Topic  
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostFri Jan 05, 2018 8:59 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Not a real recent film (2007), I'd never even heard of it til it just popped up on my radar.  "Fugitive Pieces."  Really well crafted film w/ great performances across the board.  Not the easiest film to watch, had to the with the Holocaust during WWII.  Character/story driven film, slow paced.  Haunting, sad but beautiful.  I knew several of the actors/actresses in the film, some others I wasn't familiar with.  Even characters that were on screen only briefly made an impression.  Among others Stephen Dillane, Rade Serbedzija, Nina Dobrev, Rosamund Pike and Ayelet Zurer.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe
PostWed Jan 10, 2018 10:37 pm 
Finally saw "Atomic Blonde."  As advertised the fight scenes were brutal, kinetic and visceral.  Fairly tense and well acted, twisty espionage thriller.

Also watched "The Foreigner" w/ Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.  I've never seen Chan in a serious role, no humor and no lightheartedness at all.  He pulled it off well.  Chan's daughter is killed in a bombing in London.  He thinks Brosnan's character can help him find out who did it, and he will stop at nothing to bring the bombers to justice.  He has extensive military training.  It's a bit like Liam Neeson in the Taken series, but not quite so over the top.  I thought it was well crafted.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostWed Jan 17, 2018 11:16 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
[size=10]* Actually, I found The Shape of Water quite a bit better,

The Creature From the Black Lagoon 63 years after I first saw him.  He has definitely aged well.

--------------
No matter how cynical you become, it's not enough to keep up.  Jane Wagner/Lily Tomlin
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
  Happy Birthday Alpine Andy, travis.diller!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: