Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > La Presa
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostMon Oct 28, 2002 5:16 am 
Another exceptional Mexican restaurant in Central Washington, this one in Grand Coulee. In the past, I've told you about Tequila's, an outstanding Mexican restaurant on the old Omak-Okanagon highway. La Presa, "The Dam", is equally good. I'm partial to camerones fajitas. The sizzling platter of prawns and mushrooms that I had Saturday night was especialy fine. Anybody who appreciates good Mexican food and heads for some sunny winter hiking in the (geologic) Grand Coulee (Steamboat Rock, Dry Falls, etc) should include La Presa in their plans. agree.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark

Quark
PostMon Oct 28, 2002 10:47 pm 
Scrooge, I second that one. I posted "La Presa" as a fave place in the restaurant thread on this board several months ago. I found out about it by simply chatting with a man at a gas station in Coulee City. It pays to chat with locals. Getting to know the locals is half the trip.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostMon Oct 28, 2002 11:12 pm 
And if you are stuck in the city I would recommend El Puerco Lloron in the Pike Place Market Hillclimb for muy authentico grubbo right here in the Emmeraldo Citta.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Pancho Villa

Pancho Villa
PostMon Oct 28, 2002 11:23 pm 
Mexican food reminds me of the weather. Chili today and Hot Tamale. tongue.gif

Marguerita

Marguerita
PostTue Oct 29, 2002 12:18 am 
Burr in December but now just burrito. I like Mayas mexican restaurant. One on Rainier Ave. and one in Kent. As far as Burritos go, though, it's hard to beat Nick's Grill in Totem Lake. They have chicken and steak burritos and both are muy excelente. I believe it's the 116th st. exit off 405.

PostTue Oct 29, 2002 8:28 am 
Not positive of the name, it's either Frida or Frida's, on 128th east of Everett. The food is slighly up scale Mexican and seems out of place for its strip mall location. I would highly recommend it, but not for burritos or fajitas. I had medallions of beef cooked in a Habenero sauce. It is so hot the owner warned me a couple times to make sure I knew what I was getting. It was wonderful! But I was glowing by the time I finshed it. biggrin.gif They have one of the largest Tequilla selelctions in Western Washington too. up.gif

Quark

Quark
PostTue Oct 29, 2002 8:58 am 
You folks must not know the significance of finding "La Presa" in the Coulee Dam. Until I found "La Presa," there was no halfway good place to eat for miles and miles and miles. Walla Walla, to be exact. For years, I ate like a vassal wretch while at Grand Coulee - until finding "La Presa."

PostTue Oct 29, 2002 9:22 am 
Sorry Quark, but finding any great food anywhere is significant to me. Next time I'm at Coulee I'll definately try it.

Boojwazee

Boojwazee
PostTue Oct 29, 2002 6:06 pm 
How many vassals were wretches? Their diet must depend on how generous the feudal lord was. Carry an onion with you and you will no longer have to drive all the way to Wala Wallla. up.gif Then you can sing that song by I can't remember who: "I can eat for miles and miles, I can eat for miles and miles, I can eat for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles." What is the best restaurant in Waterville?

Quark

Quark
PostTue Oct 29, 2002 10:48 pm 
The idea of a feudal lord is futile. The best place to eat in Waterville is the Waterville Cafe, aptly named. It's in the building where the old city swimming pool used to be. THe best place to eat in Creston is a the deli in the grocery store there. I know where all good places are to eat.

James Dean

James Dean
PostWed Oct 30, 2002 5:45 pm 
Oh c'mon Quark! You've never dined at the 59er (or have you? I forget).

Quark

Quark
PostThu Oct 31, 2002 9:53 am 
Jimmy, Baby!: Yes, I have ingested grub at the 59'er Diner. I do not care much for the juke box there. Ay, I like no mechanical thing offending mine ears after days on end in the silent wonder of the Wilderness. Upon expressing unhappy thoughts regarding this dilemma, it was advised by one certain radical dude (who at the time was wearing his plaid cotton shirt inside out as geniuses do), to simply sit in room next the rasping contraption. I took his beamish advice next time I was wont to sup after a week in The Enchantments slaying dragons with my vorpal bade and jvousting great knicts in my quest for the frumious bandersnatch, which is reputed to snuffle there.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu Oct 31, 2002 11:11 am 
What the heck is she talking about? dizzy.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostThu Oct 31, 2002 12:05 pm 
In order to understand, I'm thinking you need to be fluent in one of the following languages. 1. Ye Olde English (Sub-Tonque) 2. Druid Variation 3. Eastern Martian BW tongue.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
surf rider

surf rider
PostThu Oct 31, 2002 8:24 pm 
I found this important tidbit: The name Bandersnatch comes from the poem Jabberwocky in Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. A Bandersnatch is usually furious. mad.gif rant.gif waah.gif