Forum Index > Links > Coastline aerial photos
Previous :: Next Topic  
MC

MC

PostTue Mar 26, 2002 1:31 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
I just ran accross this link. It has nice pictures of the coast perfect for early season hikes this year.

http://www.ecy.wa.gov/apps/shorephotos/index.html

You can go down the coast and the sound to finfd the right pic. Delete if it has already been posted here.
Search for posts by this user Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis

Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 3:06 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
They've got a nice shot of my house on that site at a nice low tide. Almost right in the center. Here's a post that ranks high on the lame off topic list.

--------------
that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 3:18 pm 
Great link!  I never ceases to amaze me how much stuff is out there on the net waiting to be found.  I looked up my favorite salmon fishing spot on the straits of juan de fuca.  Oh the memories of camping on the beach years ago and reeling in those 30 pounders!

shore photo / terraserver image
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
-lol-

-lol-

PostTue Mar 26, 2002 3:45 pm 
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge

Famous Grouse
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 4:01 pm 
WOW!!!!!!!! Incredible. Can you imagine having aerial photos that good for the mountains? In the sharpest pictures you can see the pilings on the piers. The cliffs on Whidbey and at Fort Flagler stand out as cliffs. Most of the Ebey Bluff path is visable. Stream channels that continue below the tide line are clearly visible.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see orcas in some of those pics.  biggrin.gif

If the pictures of the interior were that good, it might spoil the exploration. Stick a ruler up to the screen and measure the height of Twin Falls.  wink.gif

--------------
Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge

Famous Grouse
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 8:10 pm 
This site is just overwheming. http://www.ecy.wa.gov/apps/shorephotos/scripts/bigphoto.asp?id=CLA0533

How about redoing LOW with shots like this? Doing a little research on Troublesome Creek or the West Fork Foss, Pelton Basin or Railroad Grade?

Another one of my favorite places: http://www.ecy.wa.gov/apps/shorephotos/scripts/bigphoto.asp?id=pac0533 - We walk north on the beach from the North Jetty to the base of the North Head cliffs, and south from Long Beach to that cove that's all awash in this pic.

A map-lover's nirvana. Thanks, MC.

--------------
Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostTue Mar 26, 2002 9:16 pm 
Tax dollars being put to good use for sure wink.gif.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet

meat tornado
PostWed Mar 27, 2002 9:22 am 
Here's a few other mapping/GIS links to counties, some have aerial photography layers if you look hard enough.

Thurston County GeoData Center

Pierce County interactive map

King County interactive map

EPA EnviroMapper

Have fun!  biggrin.gif

--------------
A fuxk, why do I not give one?