Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Book Gloating, Part IV
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostMon Apr 07, 2008 2:37 pm 
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT! Today I found a $5.00 copy of Gods & Goblins with all the maps in pretty darn good condition. What a cool little book. chickenleg.gif

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
mntsun
Wunderer

mntsun
Wunderer
PostMon Apr 07, 2008 5:47 pm 
Quote:
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT! Today I found a $5.00 copy of Gods & Goblins with all the maps in pretty darn good condition. What a cool little book.
I had to look that one up. For a moment I thought we were venturing into Dungeons & Dragons territory. strange.gif Nice score! (puts my Dieties & Demigods book to shame) embarassedlaugh.gif

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostMon Apr 07, 2008 8:53 pm 
More Cowbell wrote:
Goats, SCORE! It was still there, unfortunately not a first edition which would have been 1962, this one is a 1980 7th printing but in pretty good condition. We'll have to work out a hand off to get it to you or maybe you need to head East and do some desert hikes with us some weekend soon?
Way to go, MC! THANK YOU! Just let me know when you're going on your next dessert hike and I'll drive over and join ya. Let's see, do I need to add rattlesnake anti-venom to my first aid kit first? hockeygrin.gif It's been forever since I hiked in eastern WA. This is gonna be exciting. up.gif

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
mtngrl

mtngrl
PostTue Apr 08, 2008 8:06 am 
MC: sweet! Where did you find? I found a copy at the Tacoma HP books once. Recently found a copy of Ruby El Hult's Olympic Mountain Enchantment there...in the clearance section!

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Apr 08, 2008 8:21 am 
Yep, U-dist Half Price books. Funny thing is the Blahview Half Price books has a copy for $50. eek.gif That book has some great old photos too.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostThu Apr 17, 2008 7:34 pm 
Today I found an odd one that I had never heard of and can't find for sale anywhere on the web: Southwest Washington Cascades Indian Heaven Back Country Trails - Lakes and Indian Lore 1977 by Mel Jansen Anyone ever hear of it?

Jason Hummel

Jason Hummel
PostFri Apr 18, 2008 4:35 pm 
I have lots of books (yikes)! In my journey's I have found a few cool ones with hiking/climbing stuff. 1. Snow Sentinals of the Pacific NW, hard cover 1st I believe 2. The North Cascades, Tom Miller - 1st and Signed 3. Challenge of Mount Rainier Signed. 4. Guide to the North Cascades, Darvill 1972. 5. This tiny old book called Science of Trapping. 5. An old signed copy of Love singer of Paradise (some guy who wrote poems up at rainier) 6. Signed copy of Pacific Crest Trails by Joseph T. Hazard 7. A cool copy of Banner in the Sky one of the first books I ever read. 8. An awesome old edition of Annapurna. Great book.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostFri Apr 18, 2008 5:14 pm 
More Cowbell wrote:
GLOAT GLOAT GLOAT! Today I found a $5.00 copy of Gods & Goblins with all the maps in pretty darn good condition. What a cool little book. chickenleg.gif
ours is falling apart! waah.gif used too much or poor binding work.

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostFri Apr 18, 2008 5:22 pm 
Huh. I actually have one of the books you're talking about. Weird!
ihbc
ihbc
It got me all charged up to go see the place back in the late 70s when I briefly lived in Vancouver.

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Jul 22, 2008 4:41 pm 
Today I walked into Couth Buzzard up on Greenwood and 73rd (by the Ken's Market) as they are closing any day now but they keep getting in new books and what should I find for a total (TOTAL) of 8.95? Teanaway Country-almost perfect with it's original receipt from Swallows Nest in 1989 Northwest Ski Trails - PRISTINE 1st edition 1968 GORGEOUS PHOTOS Flora of Mount Rainier National Park 1947 Pristine first edition and a little Mountain Loop National Scenic Byway Pamphlet from 1994 Gloating smile.gif Gloating smile.gif Gloating smile.gif But get yourselves up there. There's more books for all over the N.W. and everything is 30% off right now.

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostSat Oct 11, 2008 6:33 pm 
Good for you HJT. I found a 1971 100 hikes at the Goodwill the other day. That book is great for showing some old sekrit trails and the photos on the extra large pages are so cool.

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostWed Jan 06, 2016 11:17 pm 
Found a copy of this (slightly different cover) for $10 today. You can just click this link to see the whole book. Tons of photos from 1910 plus a nice little topo map in the back of the book.

mike

mike
PostThu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 am 
It is one of a series of maybe three I believe. Including one on Yosemite and this one