Forum Index > Trip Reports > A snails pace on Del Campo
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Oren
Grampa Murphy

Oren
Grampa Murphy
PostSun Oct 09, 2005 8:42 am 
I must really be getting slow in my age because this one took me nearly 12 hours. Granted the weather didn't cooperate some of the time and the snow and ice and the ledges made for snail work. But.... Thankfully the weather did hold out long enough for me to get on top. It didn't start to get nasty until I was on my way down. I wanted to get out today and get some good fall color shots but a long drive and an overnighter was not in the picture so the peakbagger in me took over. Heres a few pics to show conditions although this time of year they will change fast. I took the standard route which is just left of the gully and parallel. There is plenty of beta on this peak out there so...
Del Campo
Del Campo
On the scramble up Del Campo. Just a little bit slippery and steep.
On the scramble up Del Campo. Just a little bit slippery and steep.

Long since I've been amongst majestic peaks nor side mirrored lakes where awe so speaks. Blanketed valleys the dawn awakes and blinking stars to fade. My soul is called to see these things, the Hand of God has made.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Guiran

Guiran
PostSun Oct 09, 2005 8:47 pm 
Oren, thinking about doing this one next weekend. Did the snow really complicate the scramble?

Oren
Grampa Murphy

Oren
Grampa Murphy
PostSun Oct 09, 2005 11:34 pm 
For me it did. It has a fair amount of exposure. If it was dry I would think no big deal. Just like to be cautious.

Long since I've been amongst majestic peaks nor side mirrored lakes where awe so speaks. Blanketed valleys the dawn awakes and blinking stars to fade. My soul is called to see these things, the Hand of God has made.