Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Salads?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 12:03 pm 
marylou wrote:
Tazz is spot on with the homemade salad thing.
I was going follow Tazz' & ML's example and pop off about my favorite home made salad, but I re-read Newt's original post, and thought better of it. moon.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph

Snowshoe Hare
Defunct lagomorph
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 12:22 pm 
Yeah really he should have brought along his homemade yummy salad when eating out between Lynnwood and Bellingham. rolleyes.gif Thanks for the helpful advice folks! lol.gif

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 12:28 pm 
OHHMMMYYYGGAAWWDDD there's been thread drift. I think we should make a big deal about it. rolleyes.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 12:39 pm 
Snowshoe Hare wrote:
Yeah really he should have brought along his homemade yummy salad when eating out between Lynnwood and Bellingham.
Exactly. That's what I do when I go to a restaurant. Like when I went to lunch the other day, rather than ordering off Ruth's Chris menu, I held up my hand and said "Ah, me! I cannot allow such friviolity. Home made swill is good enough for me. Hosanna in the highest." I then reached into my pickinick basket, snapped out the red and white checkered napkin, and tied it around my neck. Then I took out the eating utensils I brung, and commenced sharpening the knife against the fork in Grand Fashion. I then popped open the Fantastic Four lunchbox and took out my banana and peanut-butter sandwich, cut the crusts off the width sides of the bread, and flung 'em into yon spittoon, which I had placed there upon arrival of the establishment. I partook of the sandwich, then moved on to snarffling the mince-meat pie I had brought. After a long, satisfying burp, I wiped my mouth with my sleeve first from right to left, then from left to right, and called for the check. That's how I go out to eat.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Tazz

Tazz
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 1:00 pm 
well seeing as I couldn't contribute a restaurant name as I don't dine in WA. Plus people are talking about buying one in Costco or Freddies. Well to me that would mean buying it and eating it in the store, in your car or on the pavement of the parking lot. Oh yeah! So if you are going to do that well then you might as well bring your own to the parking lot to eat. Right? tongue.gif winksmile.gif

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 1:09 pm 
Thanks for the tips. I do make the home made type. I usually get the packaged vegies at the local supermarket. Like Mike. I also buy the veggies and make at home but then have to eat them within a week or they go bad. Right? And then sometime, just sometimes, I like to go out and spend my hard earnt money having someone wait on me hand and foot. Just because I'm a real lazy slacker. You know? You been there. When you don't have time or want to cook and take care of the dirty dishes and such. It's called dining out and we all know it's not as good as grandma made. So what I can do is: Go out when I'm lazy Buy veggies when I want to eat them for a week Buy a mix and eat for a night or 2 Call on one of you to make and deliver. Now what I think would be grand is for someone to make up a home made salad and bring it to me. Good idea huh? biggrin.gif Kinda like pizza. I'll supply the dressing unless it's something unique

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 1:12 pm 
Tazz wrote:
Plus people are talking about ...
So if everyone else jumps off a bridge after lifting a nun's habit over her head as she walks by, you'd do it too? Whenever you're feeling like a thread drift, remember this handy little motto I just made up: "Only you can prevent thread drift. "

Tazz

Tazz
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 1:13 pm 
I was addressing the OTHERS who where writing about costco and freddies. And this is coming from the thread drift queen LOL HA HA HA wink.gif

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 1:32 pm 
Newt has no problem with the thread drift. Brought about some different ideas as far as Freddies and Costco. Now where I do have a problem is with the belchin and wiping, first from right to left and then left to right. shakehead.gif You need some serious help girl. Seek help and you will find it.

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 2:22 pm 
lol.gif

marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 3:31 pm 
For a salad - one possibility is the La Connor Brewery. I've had their Cesear side salad along with vegetarian pizza and it is pretty good. I think they have a couple of other full salads. I also like their pizza and beer. For take-out, I like Pagliacci's salad. You can get it without the salami. They have been moving farther north. There now is one on Ballinger Way/Mountlake Terrace just off the Edmonds exit at the King County Line. They also have seatting so you can eat in. Personally I interpretted the Costco remark that Mike made to mean that Costco has crab legs. They are running their Seafood extravagana this weekend and they have crab legs. (Gosh, this sounds like an old Seattle commercial! Anyone remember "We have crab legs?" commercial? ) I think they were just under $15 per pound and had some nice looking pieces that were about 2 pounds. We are having the huge prawns for dinner tonight epicure.gif

touron

touron
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 7:59 pm 
Ain't nothing wrong with a loud hearty belch. In some societies, it is the perlite thing to do. So is tossing the chicken bones over your shoulder. It means the host has the moola to have servants who can pick up the bones. Now McDonalds chicken is boneless, but you can still make the tosssing motion. The ritual still counts. Speaking of McDonalds, I remember a fambly picnic where it started raining. Some of the adults (females it seems--just a scientific observation) all started suggesting we pack up the lunch and eat at the golden arches (eat our picnic lunch there, that is eek.gif rolleyes.gif ). For several tense minutes, the battle could have gone either way. You can imagine a ten year old's anxiety and consternation. Can't remember the end result, but we ate in the car or at a picnic shelter. So what does this have to do with salad? Well, a salad blends in better at McD's better than hotdogs and chips, if you should ever have to resort to such an emergency tactic in inclement weather. up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 9:35 pm 
Newt wrote:
Now where I do have a problem is with the belchin and wiping, first from right to left and then left to right.
You want I should start wiping my mouth from the left side instead of the right?

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostSat Nov 05, 2005 11:10 pm 
Newt wrote:
Now what I think would be grand is for someone to make up a home made salad and bring it to me. Good idea huh? biggrin.gif Kinda like pizza. I'll supply the dressing unless it's something unique
See, now that's thinking! up.gif

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
mgd

mgd
PostSun Nov 06, 2005 12:04 pm 
Someone just walked into the saloon and handed me this note: "Forget the salad. Eat sauerkraut and avoid the bird flu."
Quote:
Extract from kimchi sauerkraut has been effective in fighting fatal avian flu in infected chickens, according to a South Korean study getting lots of media attention in recent weeks. And other scientific studies have shown that eating several servings of sauerkraut a week can help prevent some forms of cancer. "Rotten old cabbage will kill everything," said Jeff Colby, 48, of Cleveland, who stopped Friday at Miesfeld's Triangle Market outside of Sheboygan.