Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Photos not appearing
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Karen

Karen
PostThu Nov 10, 2005 9:09 am 
Tom and/or anyone -- are my photos not showing up? I have a flicker account now and have been uploading/downloading photos. From my end they are showing up when I view NW Hikers but I got a note from another member who says they are not showing up as thumbnails. Now I am totally lost. How is possible that I can view photos on this forum if others can't? Have I been sending duds all this time, just blank images?? Example yesterday, 11-9, I posted two photos via FLickr of my write-up on Annette Lake but the other poster says the photos are not showing. Please help. Thanks, Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostThu Nov 10, 2005 9:21 am 
I can see em in both IE & FF

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Karen

Karen
PostThu Nov 10, 2005 9:39 am 
Missing photos
Thanks, Newt -- that's a relief. Just after you posted I got a note from the other user who said that the photos are showing up today so it may have been a glitch on his end. In the meantime I went back into flickr.com and am setting up a web page. I'll download some more photos later on for anyone who would like to see them there. My web page is www.flickr.com/photos/karenseyes/ but I haven't tested it out yet and there are no photos there that haven't already been posted here. Hopefully, I'll find some free time over the weekend to add more photos and play around with the webpage. If you do check out that address and it doesn't work, let me know. (I sure wish I had a son or daughter who was a computer geek.) Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Nov 10, 2005 1:44 pm 
I think that was a temporary glitch with the thumbnails. We were having some server problems yesterday, and occasionally thumbnails don't get generated when server load is high.