Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Christmas songs
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Dec 08, 2005 10:40 pm 
I just bought Diana Krall's Christmas songs off of iTunes. I love it. I made a Christmas play list for the season. 8 hours of Christmas songs from various artists. Ya just gotta love this thing. Anyone get the color iPod yet? Im curious how vidoes look on it.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 12:14 am 
banghead.gif eck.gif gag.gif Nothing wrong with the iPod, but banghead.gif eck.gif gag.gif Christmas music is perhaps the one form of music I dispise more than country, rap and oldies combined.

Andrew

Andrew
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 12:22 am 
I agree with SF. It seems like my boss plays the same Christmas CD over the course of about a month. "Feliz Navidad" gets old when you hear it for the fifth time in a day. I toyed around with a color iPod at the Apple store about a week ago and came off fairly impressed. The videos were alright, but the screen catches a lot of reflections. However, I just can't see myself watching videos on such a small screen. Maybe if I were commuting on a bus, but I'm not. 30 gigs would be able to hold the majority of my music though!

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 7:27 am 
BPJ, I've been looking for this album forever. Let me know if this
is available through iTunes, k? Turbo tanks.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
touron

touron
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 8:27 am 
kleet, I can rip you a copy. Do you have Napster?

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 8:53 am 
touron wrote:
kleet, I can rip you a copy. Do you have Napster?
GASP! I would never accept an illegally downloaded Christmas CD. Unless it was free.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 9:40 am 
The twentysomethings don't like Christmas tunes...that will change once you have kids. Although I despise that jazzy crap they play in the shopping malls too. The best Christmas songs are the ones made for kids - especially those made is the 'pre-Beatles' era of music. For the non-moralists out there I can help you if you are looking for something specific....

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 10:33 am 
Deck us all with Boston Charlie, Walla Walla, Wash., an' Kalamazoo! Nora's freezin' on the trolley, Swaller dollar cauliflower alley-garoo! Don't we know archaic barrel Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou? Trolley Molly don't love Harold, Boola boola Pensacoola hullabaloo! Bark us all bow-wows of folly, Polly wolly cracker 'n' too-da-loo! Donkey Bonny brays a carol, Antelope Cantaloupe, 'lope with you! Hunky Dory's pop is lolly gaggin' on the wagon, Willy, folly go through! Chollie's collie barks at Barrow, Harum scarum five alarm bung-a-loo! Dunk us all in bowls of barley, Hinky dinky dink an' polly voo! Chilly Filly's name is Chollie, Chollie Filly's jolly chilly view halloo! Bark us all bow-wows of folly, Double-bubble, toyland trouble! Woof, woof, woof! Tizzy seas on melon collie! Dibble-dabble, scribble-scrabble! Goof, goof, goof!

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 11:08 am 
Oh heck, you're all (almost) a bunch of Grinches! Bah humbug on you. A list of really good ones: Vince Gill Let there be peace on Earth Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas is all in the heart Harry Connick Jr. When my heart finds Christmas Colin Bailey-Monty Budwig-Vince Guaraldi A Charlie Brown Christmas Diana Krall Christmas Songs Michael Buble Let it snow For you non Grinches out there. hockeygrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 11:23 am 
I like the Brian Setzer Orchestra Christmas albums. They have a swingy kind of big band feel. up.gif Plus my old Gene Autrey, Burl Ives and Bing Crosby, of course. I also have an extremely vile CD by an Aussie named Kevin Bloody Wilson- disturbing, but funny.

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
Davidą
Token Canadian

Davidą
Token Canadian
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 12:26 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
A list of really good ones: Vince Gill Let there be peace on Earth Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas is all in the heart Harry Connick Jr. When my heart finds Christmas Colin Bailey-Monty Budwig-Vince Guaraldi A Charlie Brown Christmas Diana Krall Christmas Songs Michael Buble Let it snow
eck.gif Gee and I thought you had bad taste in politics wink.gif I must have at least 20 tracks each from Gene Autry, Bing Crosby & Spike Jones. Not allowed to play Spike Jones though... Now me and my mate were back at the shack We had Spike Jones on the box She said, "I can take the way he sings But I hate to hear him talk"

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 1:14 pm 
Hey, to some of us Pogo is sacred music borank.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 1:33 pm 
grrr, add me to the list of christmas-song grinches. nothing against traditional carols and classical holidays-oriented pieces, but the sultry-voiced xmas songs in department stores drive me ...out of department stores. Take that, retailers!!

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostFri Dec 09, 2005 1:34 pm 
"We have met the enemy and he is us!"

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf

PostFri Dec 09, 2005 6:41 pm