Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Christmas songs
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostWed Dec 21, 2005 11:32 pm 
Quark wrote:
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
That happens to be an Advent tune, originating as Gregorian Chant.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 12:12 am 
The Riverside Baker wrote:
Quark wrote:
O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
That happens to be an Advent tune, originating as Gregorian Chant.
Only a guy what went to a Jesuit high school would know that. So if Jesus' name was Biff like I suggested over in that other thread, you'd'a gone to a Biffuit high school. Then you'd be a Biffminster. Then when you had too much to eat, you'd be Biffminster Fuller. This is a very lame joke, one I've been working on for years. It takes years to think up a joke this lame. I haven't had an opportunity to tell it until now. Thanks, Riv! But lissen up folks, this is cool: I was at the Black Nativity tonight & this year, at the end of each performance, everyone gets up & joins the choir in singing the National Black Anthem. What was really cool was, tonight, I noticed most of the audience, the vast majority white, didn't even need the leaflet that contained the words. Most knew the words (at least the 1st stanza) and the tune, even the teenagers sitting next to me. I hafta admit, I got a little choked up.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 8:14 am 
A KJR Rock and Roll Christmas.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
greg

greg
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 8:57 am 
Here's my all-time favorite Christmas song: ROCKIN' ROBIN Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweet Tweet Tweet Tweet He rocks in the treetops all day long Hoppin' and a boppin' and a singin' his song. All the little birds on day bird's street Love to hear the Robin go Tweet Tweet Tweet Rockin' Robin' rockin' Robin Go Rockin' Robin 'cause we're really going to rock tonight Eevry little swallow, every chickadee Every little bird iin the tall oak tree The wise old owl, the big black crow Flappin' their wings going, "Go Bird Go." Rockin' Robin' rockin' Robin Go Rockin' Robin 'cause we're really going to rock tonight Well a wordy little raven at the bird's first dance Taught him how to do the bop and it was grand Started goin' steady and a Bless my soul, He out bomped the buzzard and the oriole. He rocks in the treetops all day long Hoppin' and a boppin' and a singin' his song. All the little birds on day bird's street Love to hear the Robin go Tweet Tweet Tweet Rockin' Robin rockin' Robin Go Rockin' Robin cuz we're really going to rock tonight Well a pretty little raven at the bird bath stand Talkin' bout the _____ bompin a______grand Started goin' steady and a Bless my soul, He out bomped the buzzard and the oriole. He rocks in the treetops all day long Hoppin' and a boppin' and a singin' his song. All the little birds on day bird's street Love to hear the Robin go Tweet Tweet Tweet Rockin' Robin' rockin' Robin Go Rockin' Robin 'cause we're really going to rock tonight Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweedle-e deedle-e-dee, Tweet Tweet chickenleg.gif

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 9:03 am 
Dude- Rockin' Robin isn't a Christmas song, it's an all-year song!

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
greg

greg
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 9:03 am 
Oh. OK. Nevermind.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 9:55 am 
greg wrote:
Oh. OK. Nevermind.
Yeah here is a great xmas song from that album clown.gif
Load up on guns Bring your friends It’s fun to lose And to pretend She’s overboard Myself assured I know I know A dirty word Hello (x 16) With the lights out it’s less dangerous Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious Here we are now Entertain us A mulatto An albino A mosquito My libido Yea I’m worse at what I do best And for this gift I feel blessed Our little group has always been And always will until the end Hello (x 16) With the lights out it’s less dangerous Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious Here we are now Entertain us A mulatto An albino A mosquito My libido Yea And I forget Just what it takes And yet I guess it makes me smile I found it hard Its hard to find Oh well, whatever, nevermind Hello (x 16) With the lights out it’s less dangerous Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious Here we are now Entertain us A mulatto An albino A mosquito My libido Yea

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 10:43 am 
"Into The Sun" by Grand Funk Railroad. : rockband.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Dec 22, 2005 9:48 pm 
Nobody has yet mentioned the greatest Christmas song of all time yet! It's called Santa Claus and His Old Lady by Cheech and Chong. Here's a link to the awesome lyrics!

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostFri Dec 23, 2005 10:20 am 
have to agree Slugman...that's one of the top songs for me. But I also like the short spoofs of Christmas songs. Notably.... Old Saint Nicholas FELL off the chimney... and then there's you'd better not laugh, you'd better not cry... the reason is simple I'm telling you why... Santa Claus is DEAD........(groan....) and my favorite short song... Frosty the Snowman Melted......... doh.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostFri Dec 23, 2005 6:21 pm 
For those who really like snow and want a white Christmas, then this one is for you. Click here. It is really pretty clever.

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostSat Nov 25, 2006 11:47 am 
It's that time again and it looks like many of you have hashed through this political hotbed, but here are a couple of my choices: Jimmy Smith - Christmas 64 - The band's a little sloppy but it swings like crazy and that Hammond B3 is so cool. Shorty Rogers - The Swingin' Nutcracker - Killer big band of all stars and hilarious arrangements like: The swingin' plum fairy, Blue Reeds, Flowers for the cats. Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics - (this one has a parental advisory ykm.gif I use this one to shock all my friends. Here's a link to the lyrics. (hey, the spell check wanted to change Hankey to HONKEY rotf.gif )

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostSat Dec 24, 2011 11:30 pm 
Found a new one to me:

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
hiker1

hiker1
PostSun Dec 25, 2011 12:59 am 
Soundtrack for Peanuts TV Christmas Special, especially Christmas Time is Here

falling leaves / hide the path / so quietly ~John Bailey, "Autumn," a haiku year, 2001, as posted on oldgreypoet.com
Badger

Badger
PostSun Dec 25, 2011 7:48 am