Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Mission
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 9:19 am 
Got up to the top of Mission Ridge yesterday for the short time that the new used quad was running. Love our "quaint" ski area. Have to say it's one of the best views from a ski area in the state with looks south to Ranier, Adams and even Hood on the clearest days and the Columbia river to the north. (Hurricane Ridge ski area provides an awesome view as well.) The look in the sky yesterday showed the clearcut line between crystal blue skies and the front that moved in from the south providing our current snowy weather.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
greg

greg
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 10:18 am 
GO&G, why was the quad running only a short time? It took them forever to get it running, did they have more problems? I agree, the view from there is superb; I like the way the krumholz gets covered with windblown ice.

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 10:19 am 
GOAG....it's a cool view. Although I haven't been on top of Mission, I've been on Naneum...the next peak south of Mission ( and of course a former lookout site...now with electronic stuff on it...) More people should go enjoy..... biggrin.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 11:07 am 
An awesome view from Mission Peak summit, the lifts go to the ridge, not the summit, but the views are unobscured up there. My son was on the lift yesterday hanging on the lift when it died for about an hour, they just have to get the bugs worked out it's new.
Mission Peak Summit 6876'
Mission Peak Summit 6876'
West view from True summit 6876'
West view from True summit 6876'
The lift comes up the ridge SSE of the summit at about 6820'

Living in the Anthropocene
greg

greg
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 11:26 am 
Actually, they bought it used from a resort I think in Colorado. I'd be a little hinky hanging up there for an hour...

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 3:08 pm 
I was just about to get back on the lift about 11:00 when it quit. Glad I wasn't hanging up in the air for an hour in the single digit temps we had up there yesterday morning........It's a 20 year old lift from Winter Park ski resort in Colorado. 20 years of wear and tear in an alpine climate, taken apart and put back together. There will be a few fits and starts. Latest reopening of the lift is set for Thursday.

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)
greg

greg
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 3:24 pm 
Thanks GO and G up.gif I keep trying to plan a snowboarding trip over there, but every time I do there's a hitch with that lift. Hope they get it worked out.

Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostMon Dec 19, 2005 9:40 pm 
Why I love Mission Ridge: Get Out and Go and son at Mission Ridge a few years ago.
Top of Mission
Top of Mission