Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Vertical Limit
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Karen

Karen
PostMon Jan 02, 2006 9:19 am 
The thing that gets me about "Cliffhanger" is Stallone doing all that cold-weather climbing in a tee-shirt. Loved the scenery, though. Karen

stay together, learn the flowers, go light - from Turtle Island, Gary Snyder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostMon Jan 02, 2006 9:52 am 
marzsit wrote:
i remember an old movie that was filmed in darrington, same type of thing except the climbers were stranded on whitehorse. i don't remember the name of it, but it wasn't a bad flick.
I believe this is the one that was filmed on Whitehorse.

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 02, 2006 10:57 am 
dicey wrote:
marzsit wrote:
i remember an old movie that was filmed in darrington, same type of thing except the climbers were stranded on whitehorse. i don't remember the name of it, but it wasn't a bad flick.
I believe this is the one that was filmed on Whitehorse.
Ive never seen it, but that looks like it. Good one Dicey. Ya, Stalone did all that sub freezing work in a *cotton* tee shirt too. That guy (to his credit) has like 2% body fat. He wouldnt make it in those conditions.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
wbs

wbs
PostMon Jan 02, 2006 4:34 pm 
found on da'Net clown.gif The top ten lines you can always count on in a mountain-climbing movie: 1. "We have to move fast. We've started late in the season. But if we leave behind the oxygen and most of our equipment and travel light, we can get up there and back before the winter storms." 2. "I know they're still alive." 3. "Leave me here. I can't walk. My legs are broken. By yourself, you have a chance." 4. "Just let me do this one last climb. Then I'll settle down with you and the baby." 5. "Tell them they'll get an extra 50 rupees a day, at the end, if they complete this part of the march." 6. "Sahib! The fresh snow has covered up the crevices! The men say they will go no further today!" 7. "Every previous expedition along this route has had trouble with the porters." 8. "I'd trust him on the other end of my rope." 9. "Take me along. You know I'm a better climber than those guys." 10. "Because it's there."

RayD
the griz ate my pass

RayD
the griz ate my pass
PostMon Jan 02, 2006 5:27 pm 
"Only when you've been in the deepest valley can you know how magnificent it is to be atop the highest mountain." -- President Richard M. Nixon 1913-1994 stuck.gif

don't believe everything you think