Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Costco Favorites
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 am 
Sorry, threw out the box. I think the brand is Trident. They also have Tilapia but the Cod is way better! Big score from tonight... $100 Schwartz Brothers Gift Cards on sale for $63.99! Good at Daniel's Broiler, Chandler's Crabhouse and Spazzo. Hurry, ends tomorrow (Feb 4)! I bought 5 figuring I could always return them. Also picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab for under $400. This was for a gift (I'm not a big fan of tablets) but if you're in the market this thing kicks some ipad butt.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSat Feb 04, 2012 10:53 pm 
AAAAGGGGH! It's too late!! Sorry I missed those Daniel's cards.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Feb 17, 2012 6:26 pm 
The dried coconut makes for a nice snack. 14g of fiber per serving too. up.gif

Washakie

Washakie
PostSat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 am 
Oh boy. They are opening a new store in Ann Arbor, Michigan for me this summer. The products mentioned in this thread really sound good. I'll just print it and use it as a shopping list.

"What is the color when black is burned?" - Neil Young "We're all normal when we want our freedom" - Arthur Lee "The internet can make almost anyone seem intelligent" - Washakie
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Feb 19, 2012 5:59 pm 
The Actifry is currently discounted in store to ~$150. We've had ours since Christmas. Not as easy as they portray to make french fries (need to cut, wash, and dry which is tedious) but a healthy alternative if you like french fries. We leave the skins on and they still crisp up. Amazon reviewers highlight durability issues which is a good reason to buy at Costco. http://www.amazon.com/T-Fal-FZ7000002-Actifry-Low-Fat-Multi-Cooker/dp/B002S4MVEE

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Feb 19, 2012 9:09 pm 
Yep, cooking food from scratch takes a bit longer. wink.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Mar 06, 2012 6:18 pm 
Today's sample: Panko Breaded Chicken Breast Tenderloins topped with Greek Probiotic Yogurt Jalepono Dip Let's just say both made it into my shopping cart and are being consumed for dinner. up.gif up.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm 
Have to give another shout out for the Greek Yogurt Dip. Awesome for chip dipping and not loaded with fat or calories.

mike

mike
PostWed Mar 07, 2012 9:44 pm 
Greek yogurt is loaded with fat and calories by definition. wink.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Mar 07, 2012 10:31 pm 
Really depends on what dip you're comparing to. A 2 tbsp serving has only 50 calories and 3.5 grams of fat. You can probably do better with salsa, but compared to a cheese or sour cream based dip you're probably going to be better off with a yogurt dip, even greek. wink.gif

Gsnorgathon
Mile-per-hour club

Gsnorgathon
Mile-per-hour club
PostFri Mar 09, 2012 1:51 am 
Costco on Aurora has $30 carbon fiber trekking poles. eek.gif With regular and snow baskets, and two kinds of rubber tips. No idea if they're any good or not. I'm content with my current set.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Mar 09, 2012 10:18 am 
The Wentachee Costco has a box of ten MountainHouse freeze dried two person meals for 42.00. That's 4.00 per meal which is almost half price. My cousin was there and saw them. He's picking one up for me.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
EJ

EJ
PostFri Mar 09, 2012 3:52 pm 
I saw the boxes of the Mountain House meals at the Kirkland Costco the other week.

Daryl
Big Shot Economist

Daryl
Big Shot Economist
PostSat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 pm 
Gsnorgathon wrote:
Costco on Aurora has $30 carbon fiber trekking poles. eek.gif With regular and snow baskets, and two kinds of rubber tips. No idea if they're any good or not. I'm content with my current set.
I took a glance at them yesterday at the smokey point store. $26. They are only 2 sections. I don't think I'd use them for any significant hiking, but I'm not a big fan of composite poles. Do the rubber tips come off with a carbide tip under, or are they just rubber tipped? I couldn't get them off, but I didn't play with them long? I like my carbide tips, I don't know how long rubber tips would hold up?

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostFri Mar 30, 2012 8:09 pm 
The poles are 3 sections, look pretty nice, but unfortunately, have the typical problems associated with twist lock poles -- they'll collapse or pull out if too much stress is put on the joint. I used a pair for a day going up and down Mt. Rose over in the Olympics. Both poles had problems with the bottom section pulling out of the top of the pole when planted in heavy snow. And the snow cups on both poles ended up broken and stuck up on the pole at the end of the day. They went back to Costco.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short