Forum Index > Links > Geocaching link
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mtn Dog
Technohiker

Mtn Dog
Technohiker
PostFri Oct 29, 2004 9:19 pm 
Tom: Since you already have the Degree Confluence Project you could add www.geocaching.com as well from Groundspeak to the other link page. I just started Geocaching with my daughter and I'm finding quite a few of the multi-caches involve hiking even in the local area through parks. Quite a fun activity if you have a GPS Receiver.

Footprints on the sands of time will never be made sitting down.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
justybug
henteaser

justybug
henteaser
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 1:14 pm 
another option, that leans quite a bit more towards some good hikes, is Terracaching. If you'd like to join up, pm me and i'd be happy to sponsor you in. Same kind of idea as far as using your GPS to go check out new cool spots, but the NW membership tends to lean towards some pretty good hikes. There's a lot of caches up in the Issaquah Alps, some out in the Olympic Wildernesses, a bunch in e. wa, all over idaho, and montana. (both sites adhere strictly to a NO caches in National Parks guideline, in case you're wondering.) lots of hardcore backcountry stuff to be found, along with good dayhikes, alpine lakes, peaks, etc.. something else to do with a Gps!!

kenya believe it?? "Time is so everything doesn't happen at once. Space is so everything doesn't happen to you."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message