Forum Index > Trip Reports > Cathedral Rock 11-29-02
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
polarbear

polarbear
PostFri Nov 29, 2002 10:17 pm 
Snoq. Pass temperature was 29 deg. when I crossed it this morning. I-90 was pretty slick on the other side of the pass and my car hit one spot that made me more than a bit nervous eek.gif The six of us started hiking at 9:30. We ran into snow right before the cutoff to Lake Michael. Above Squaw Lake, which was nicely frozen over the snow was quite a bit deeper. It was a great day for hiking and Cathedral rock contrasted well with the blue sky and white snow. Views back to Stuart were also good. The pond right before you climb to the ridge had neat ice patterns in it. We had good views down to Deep Lake and over to Mt. Daniel. Plenty of picnic food while sitting on the ridge and I was able to augment my PB sandwhich and oranges nicely with pistachios, jerky, and other goodies. For some reason no one asked for a sample of my PB sandwich. confused.gif biggrin.gif We got back just as darkness was falling and had some burgers at The Brick in Roslyn, a bar with an interesting fireplace.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Nov 30, 2002 10:55 am 
P-Bear, where are the pics. Dante and I were there this year on our Peggy's, Circle, Venus, Spade, Waptus hike. I'd like to see that area snowed in. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Nov 30, 2002 7:00 pm 
BPJ, we didn't make it over to Peggy's, but here are some pictures. At Squaw, the ice near the shore was fairly thick. The ponds near Cathedral locked were great. From the ridge you could hear the water flowing out of Circle.
snap-crack-splash
snap-crack-splash
east
east
cathedral ice
cathedral ice
lunch
lunch