Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > I'm feeling pathetic
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catwoman

catwoman
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 3:15 pm 
Has anyone else been so busy they haven't been out to the hills in awhile? Shoot, I've even put on a few pounds! waah.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 3:59 pm 
This marks the 3rd weekend in a row I haven't been anywhere. Way too much to do. Lots of things to take care of. Maybe next weekend...

Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 6:40 pm 
Don't feel alone. The last time I was out was 10-27. You know what they say...."S$%T HAPPENS" BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
catwoman

catwoman
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 8:08 pm 
Same with me - 10/27/02. Went to Mailbox Peak.

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 10:56 pm 
I guess I'm glad you brought this up as I need a good waah.gif I haven't been out since the middle of October when I came down with the dang flu (the kind with the croupy cough) and that laid me low for much too long. I'm now ready to go again but I feel out of shape. Go figure rolleyes.gif The weather here has been foggy and depressing, makes me want to be over there on the sunny western side of the mountains wink.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostMon Dec 02, 2002 7:35 am 
Quote:
The weather here has been foggy and depressing, makes me want to be over there on the sunny western side of the mountains
I realize you were probably saying this tongue in cheek, but guess what? We were in the Yakima Valley at my wife's mom & dad's place for Thanksgiving. We saw the sun for a few hours Thursday afternoon but otherwise it was foggy-foggy-foggy, hoarfrost coating trees and grass and never above 30 degrees. The forecast was for 5-7 days more of the same. Well, we headed back to gloomy Pugetopolis Saturday afternoon. The temperature steadily climbed to almost 50 degrees by the time we hit Snoqualmie Pass and the skies were clear and blue... imagine that. A nice little weather reversal. dizzy.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Dec 02, 2002 10:53 am 
No! I have not been busy. I have seen so much football on weekends I know now all the positions names. I have blown so many "zerbits" on my daughters belly I am getting blisters on my lips. I am on the floor so much that I know where all the stains are in my carpet. My pee bottles at home are becoming so bad the plastic is melting.

Art is an adventure.
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Dec 03, 2002 1:36 am 
Well, not counting the last two weakends I was out at Cougar Mountain filming a movie for my film production class (didn't really "hike" that much), I haven't been out since early September (don't remember exactly when).

salish

salish
PostTue Dec 03, 2002 7:06 am 
Winter Hiking
On the contrary, my hiking usually picks up in winter, as I'm a chukar hunter. I've been out every weekend for the past month and a half with my llewellin setter, hiking up and down the steep canyons and ridges of the L.T. Murray, Quilomene, Colockum, and Chelan Butte Wildlife Areas, as well as some "lowland" areas. Chukar partridge hunting involves climbing to the tops of those ridges and then sidehilling down the steepest rocky draws you can find, then back up and down another canyon. You've got to bring at least a gallon of water with you for you and your dog, so with that and other gear it approximates backpacking. It's all off trail and you see so much wildlife - and less people. I saw a full curl ram at the L. T. Murray last weekend. Like other posters are saying, this last weekend was weird with fog, though. It's really easy to get disoriented in those canyons when the fog rolls in. I'm still a fat bastard, though.... Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostWed Dec 04, 2002 12:22 am 
Now I really feel pathetic. MRI on knee this Thursday.....Scope next week. As I said earlier in this thread "S$%T HAPPENS." waah.gif BW frown.gif

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Dec 04, 2002 12:40 pm 
Bushwacker wrote:
Now I really feel pathetic. MRI on knee this Thursday.....Scope next week. As I said earlier in this thread "S$%T HAPPENS." waah.gif BW frown.gif
Let us know how things work out!!!!!!!!!

Art is an adventure.
Beethoven

Beethoven
PostWed Dec 04, 2002 4:34 pm 
I'm feeling Pathetique. Think I'll write a piano sonata and get some use out of it.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Joplin

Joplin
PostWed Dec 04, 2002 7:04 pm 
I'm feeling ragged. Life is not a cakewalk. It isn't the quantity of hikes but the quality. Not the mileage but the smileage. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky
PostThu Dec 05, 2002 9:25 am 
Ludwig, Baby - It's Bach to the books for you. I wrote Pathetique. Sheesh, you're pathetic!

Van Morrison

Van Morrison
PostThu Dec 05, 2002 9:28 am 
It ain't easy bein' green. Havin' to spend each day the color of spring. Think I'm gonna go spend all o' my blue money. Man, am I blue.