Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > "Japanese tourists"
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
polarbear

polarbear
PostSun Jan 26, 2003 9:26 pm 
No references to Japanese Photographers, no triple exclamation points shakehead.gif are the babes reports going from cheeky to chossy? Say it isn't so bawl.gif bawl.gif bawl.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSun Jan 26, 2003 11:19 pm 
Well, my day is ruined...

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 27, 2003 4:10 pm 
Hey, I use Canon and Mamiya! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Amos Canon

Amos Canon
PostMon Jan 27, 2003 6:07 pm 
FYI, it's spelled Canon.

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 6:30 pm 
Continuing from the locked thread Mt. Si and the Vanishing People of No Particular Nationality.
Tom wrote:
I think Salish said it better than I could in that older thread. Please continue discussion there [this thread]. Thanks.
Actually, the following is the best expression of the right way to think about it.
Tom wrote:
I'm just saying I'd rather be sensitive to other cultures than ignorant of what they might consider to be offensive or perpetuating stereotypes.
It's no more complicated than that.

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 6:41 pm 
I'd rather risk ticking off a few people who can't take a joke than walk around on eggshells my whole life for fear of offending someone. By the way, I'd like to direct everyone to this thread, where we all had a good laugh at the expense of those wacky Christians: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8003177&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 6:48 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
I'd rather risk ticking off a few people who can't take a joke than walk around on eggshells my whole life for fear of offending someone.
I get your sentiment, which of course is shared by many folks, but I don't think "being sensitive to other cultures" in a common sense manner equates with "walking around on eggshells." It's simply a matter of common sense. If someone doesn't have common sense, and those folks are out there, it can be learned.

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 8:08 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
I'd rather risk ticking off a few people who can't take a joke than walk around on eggshells my whole life for fear of offending someone.

If you show fear, a monkey will bully you.
The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 pm 
My only regret is that because of a few over-sensitive sourpusses, we'll never find out what happened to those poor people of No Particular Nationality. I came here for answers to their disappearance, and got only a big pile of raspberries for my trouble. If those folks fall prey to tragedy or misadventure, it'll be on YOUR heads, not mine.

Spotly

Spotly
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 pm 
So this is a thread about sensitivities to insensitivities about what should be other people's sensitivities? We hyphenate everything else, why not tourists?! American-tourist, Japanese-tourist, Scottish-tourist, stupid-tourist....the list goes on.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 9:56 pm 
sigh....I now defer my title of funniest pransker (and bad spelter) to the angry hiker...YOU ARE NOW THE KING MY FRIEND!!...sleep well tonight! "guess this puts the kaibosh on the attack of the mexicans report" rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif rotf.gif wazzup.gif wazzup.gif wazzup.gif wazzup.gif

touron

touron
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 10:03 pm 
I am glad the word tourists was used instead of tourons. People easily confuse and confabulate the wanderlost quizzical-eyed, hapless tourist with the present-minded, astute, sagacious touron. Both words are from France, of course, and both made their way across the Atlantic, but I'm sure the former had to ask for directions. lol.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 10:43 pm 
How about dialing up the hate a bit, it is too cool in here devilsmile.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostFri Feb 01, 2013 11:54 pm 
The Angry Hiker wrote:
I came here for answers to their disappearance, and got only a big pile of raspberries for my trouble.
You didn't start that thread to get "answers to their disappearance." You started that thread to mock those people and their ancestry, in an attempt to be funny. And it wasn't funny. And you correctly got a big pile of raspberries for that.

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker

GeoHiker
Rocky Walker
PostSat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 pm 
Don't worry TAH, most on here don't get all stick up the butt upset with your posts, so continue with your wit and humor. up.gif All though I do find your hate and derogatory remarks towards poodles a bit disturbing, so if you could stop that I won't have to write the moderators and involve them. I don't have or ever wanted a poodle, but I'm sure there is someone out there that has one and could be upset. You don't want to upset them do you?....smile.gif

You call some place paradise, kiss it goodbye......Eagles