Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Guest Posting
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 11:23 am 
Be advised the community (i.e. everyone) will have the ability cross reference guest IPs in the near future.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
catwoman

catwoman
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 11:59 am 
biggrin.gif I LIKE it!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message

PostFri Dec 06, 2002 12:10 pm 
up.gif

Beethoven

Beethoven
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 12:14 pm 
Ah c'mon you guys, give it a "rest"! "Note" that this is in the Catwoman Bar and Grill section? Doesn't have to be hiking related. Tchaikovsky and I have corresponded privately and easily figured out who we were. Van Morrison, Joplin, and all those other funny decomposing composers -- we love ya! This message posted from a major aerospace firm in the Seattle area. IP address is 192..3.14159@tbc.com, put that on your list of clues. Rolling over with glee, appasionatingly, wishing you an andante trip this weekend, Beethoven "duh duh duh dumbbbbbbb...."

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 12:55 pm 
Beethoven wrote:
Ah c'mon you guys, give it a "rest"!
That's the idea. Folks spend less time worrying about guest posters, and their counterparts less energy seeking attention. Looks like it's up and running now (note the button to the right of guest posts).

ip

ip
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 4:28 pm 
Does this ip thing really work
ip test, haha

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote View IP address of poster
hikerjo

hikerjo
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 4:30 pm 
whoa how did this know it was me, thats so wierd! paranoid.gif

Big Brother

Big Brother
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 4:46 pm 
Yeah, betcha didn't know how "unanonymous" you are on the net.

-lol-

-lol-
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 5:03 pm 
Tom, any way we can get the 'search by author' to find guest posts?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 5:09 pm 
Hey, this isn't a witch hunt. lol.gif If you're asking how to find all guest posts, just click on the icon at the bottom of a guest post or put 'anonymous' in the Author search field.

catwoman

catwoman
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 6:28 pm 
Hey Tom, What do you mean by "similar" ip's? I mean, how close are you talking? I wonder if that could be misleading and/or giving some folks a bad rap.

Erik the Nav

Erik the Nav
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 6:34 pm 
Seems to have narrowed it right down to "people posting from Boeing." Er, not that it's not a valiant effort, but the one I checked kinda cracked me up, with a half page of guest names that had posted from Boeing. Nevermind how I knew that. I also note the the button isn't there on a lot of posts? Oh, duh, that's 'cause they're registered user posts.

-lol-

-lol-
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 6:40 pm 
many companies use proxy servers to access the internet with many pc's tied in, this would be the IP collected with the post. or sumpin like that anyway.

IBEX

IBEX
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 7:42 pm 
catwoman wrote:
that could be misleading and/or giving some folks a bad rap.
Yah! Just because I posted from the Boeing proxy (once or twice during break time), my name shouldn't pop-up every time Steve makes-up a new guest name. Not that’s there anything wrong with that. Its just that I don't post anonymously; and I'm proud of it.

"....what is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen...." -Rene Daumel
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Dec 06, 2002 8:29 pm 
catwoman wrote:
What do you mean by "similar" ip's? I mean, how close are you talking? I wonder if that could be misleading and/or giving some folks a bad rap.
It's matching the first 3 blocks of the IP. As far as giving some folks a bad rap... sooner or later you'll recognize enough tell-tale signs (punctuation, grammar, smiley usage, content, etc.) in addition to the IP info figure it out wink.gif.